Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update to 2.3 with no problems

amsdenj

Updated on a 2017 MacBook Pro using a OWS Thunderbolt 3 hub with no problems. I backed everything up with Helix.app first just to be sure, then installed HX Edit.app and did a full backup with that. This covers global settings IRs and all patches in one step - wonderful! Also HX Edit is a resizable window so now I can see all the parameters for any block without scrolling. This appears to be a wonderful update. I'm looking forward to trying the Kinky Boost and Derailed Ingrid amp model. 

Things I noticed:

1. Rebuilding presets seems a bit faster than I remember it
  2. Its great to have the global setting backed up and restored. Don't have to keep a list anymore
  3. Restore does not rebuild the presets as needed for the new firmware, you need to reboot after restore to let them rebuild and for the global setting updates to take effect
  4. Resizable display is a great convenience for editing blocks that have a lot of parameters
  5. Foot switches that haver multiple assignments with different bypass states now remember which block controls the light state. I no longer have to touch to get the right block selected and re-save the patch.
  6. My very complex Mid-Gain goto patch updated flawlessly.

Great thanks to Line6 for a quality update.

• Upvote 2

So question, on your #5 comment, are you referring to which effect shows on the screen when you recall a preset?  Can you clarify, cause it sounds like you are talking about one of my peeves of editing, lol.  Not a deal breaker, just annoying. 

I have it saved to the amp block as its easiest to tweak live the volumes, but while tweaking if I adjust the EQ or something and resave it it then shows the last block edited, not the one I'd prefer it to show. 

Updated on a 2017 MacBook Pro using a OWS Thunderbolt 3 hub with no problems. I backed everything up with Helix.app first just to be sure, then installed HX Edit.app and did a full backup with that. This covers global settings IRs and all patches in one step - wonderful! Also HX Edit is a resizable window so now I can see all the parameters for any block without scrolling. This appears to be a wonderful update. I'm looking forward to trying the Kinky Boost and Derailed Ingrid amp model. 

Things I noticed:

1. Rebuilding presets seems a bit faster than I remember it
  2. Its great to have the global setting backed up and restored. Don't have to keep a list anymore
  3. Restore does not rebuild the presets as needed for the new firmware, you need to reboot after restore to let them rebuild and for the global setting updates to take effect
  4. Resizable display is a great convenience for editing blocks that have a lot of parameters
  5. Foot switches that haver multiple assignments with different bypass states now remember which block controls the light state. I no longer have to touch to get the right block selected and re-save the patch.
  6. My very complex Mid-Gain goto patch updated flawlessly.

Great thanks to Line6 for a quality update.

Re: #5 THANK GOD. This update does not actually seem as exciting as L6 led on but that has been a huge pet peeve of mine, so I am glad to see it is fixed. The vastly simplified update process is also nice, not having to remember global settings was another annoyance. I suspect that the doubler will be a nice way to get a wide guitar sound without eating up DSP with a second amp, so that is also pretty cool. Nothing super exciting, but several handy improvements. I'll take it.

New update went brilliantly exactly according to plan and firmware release instructions. This is a dramatic improvement to the upgrade process as promised. Loved the fact that the IRs were restored to all the correct slots automatically. No more prepending them with numbers, what a great improvement! The presets rebuilt automatically as part of the firmware process just as the firmware notes indicate. One note though, after you do the restore of your backup and it completes you will want to shut down the Helix and reboot as your newly restored presets will rebuild one more time. Probably better not to start editing them until you allow this final rebuild.

Love the new thinner bars in the HX Edit application. Blocks with many parameters that used to require scrolling down the screen now all appear onscreen at the same time. Lots more to love here but I just updated so will reserve comment. Definitely looking forward to the upcoming 3.0 update but this is a very nice incremental one.

Hey guys....i concur with guru. turn off the helix and let it rebuild the presets after you have uploaded the backup. i had some strange instance with the DI being routed through my monitors as well as the preset i was using till i turned it off and turned it back on again.