Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 2.3 won't update

trolley

So I updated the editor, did a backup, switched off the Helix Control.

Connected the USB into a USB 3.0 port on the computer (i3, running Windows 10). Select the upgrade, starts to download and then says 'An error has occurred. Please try again'!

So I close my browser, disconnect an external HDD connected via USB, and retry. Same thing. Then I turn off my Firewall & try again - nada.
​So currently I have a Helix rack that has no firmware & won't let me upgrade. I was going to a jam night tonight - obviously not now.

So what can I do?

Don’t update. just re-install 2.21. How helpful would it be, with you going to a jam using new firmware ? I think that would get annoying for the other members if you plan on fiddling with new firmware. I’m sure you don’t want that so it sounds like it would be of no use to you at all anyway, At least not for tonight‘s festivities

Hmm, I thought I'd replied.

Brute force (& ignorance) solved it - it eventually did update. Maybe the server was overloaded? Or my internet connection was stressed (by my son).

As far as I can see, there aren't any new presets, only new models to select. So going to the jam night, which is small and laid back, would have been fine , 'cos I'd have used my presets that I've already made. Except that I ran out of time, because the update took so long. 

Anyway, all's good. Enjoy your turkey, y'all :)