Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

For those of you who might need a little help with the 2.30 update:

GlennDeLaune

Yes. Turn off and disconnect the Helix Control device before updating Helix Rack. You will be prompted by the Line 6 Updater program to reconnect and turn on Helix Control when the Helix Rack update is complete. Helix Rack will then prompt you to update Helix Control.

I didn't bother reading, and just did the update. All previous updates have insisted that I reset my Helix, which wipes its memory (press and hold FS9+10 whilst powering up), otherwise preventing the Helix from working properly. I wasn't aware that the backup/restore in HX Edit would retain any master EQ or output settings. As a result, my Helix sounds a lot quieter than it was on 2.21. lollipop! Never mind. Here's to another several months of tone chasing.

Hi,

I’ve done the update but in sounds really bad! I’m using all the same impulse responses and settings, everything, but in sounds harsh almost as if the impulse responses don’t work correctly, HELP!

Hi guys!  Clawtorn drive was deleted in new firmware?  I can't find it :huh:

It's there; the current path cannot accommodate it DSP-wise, so it cannot be added.

If a model is in the middle of the list, but cannot be accommodated, it's grayed out and skipped over. If a model is at the end of the list, however, there's nothing beyond it to skip to, so it'll appear as if it's disappeared. I'll see if we can't display disabled items at the end of lists to a future update.

In the meantime, route Path 1 to Path 2 and you'll be able to add Clawthorn on Path 2. That particular model is very DSP-intensive.

• Upvote 1

It's there; the current path cannot accommodate it DSP-wise, so it cannot be added.

If a model is in the middle of the list, but cannot be accommodated, it's grayed out and skipped over. If a model is at the end of the list, however, there's nothing beyond it to skip to, so it'll appear as if it's disappeared. I'll see if we can't display disabled items at the end of lists to a future update.

In the meantime, route Path 1 to Path 2 and you'll be able to add Clawthorn on Path 2. That particular model is very DSP-intensive.

Thank you for the explanation!

hi guys,

i recently updated to 2.30 no issues ((i think))

i never Created a backup in the new Editor as i don't have very many presets saved yet and wouldn't mind starting from scratch again.

after the update my helix had all the new additions and all my previous presets and IRS as well.

did i mess up? or is the create backup process not needed?

Just got my Helix (floor) and trying to figure out how to update it and a little confused by the instructions.  I appear to have firmware 1.06.5 right out of the box.  According to the Latest Helix Firmware (2.30-Nov 21, 2017) thread, it sounds like I should follow the 2.12.2 or Lower instructions which say to use the current existing Helix application, not the current HX Edit application.  I thought that might be referring to the prior version of HX Edit, 2.21, but the instructions on the download page for HX Edit 2.21 also say to use your current Helix application before using 2.21.  This trend seems to continue through with each prior version of HX Edit.  There doesn't appear to be an HX Edit 1.06 if I do need to go back to match the firmware version.

The Knowledge Base article on How to update the Helix's firmware says to use the Line 6 Updater but doesn't refer to HX Edit at all.

If I'm tracking along with what I'm reading, it sounds like the purpose of using HX Edit is to back up patches, but I haven't yet created any and have just been playing around with the presets.  Am I able to just skip the backup process and use the most recent Line 6 Updater and then restart the Helix while holding down footswitches 9 and 10?

Just got my Helix (floor) and trying to figure out how to update it and a little confused by the instructions.  I appear to have firmware 1.06.5 right out of the box.  According to the Latest Helix Firmware (2.30-Nov 21, 2017) thread, it sounds like I should follow the 2.12.2 or Lower instructions which say to use the current existing Helix application, not the current HX Edit application.  I thought that might be referring to the prior version of HX Edit, 2.21, but the instructions on the download page for HX Edit 2.21 also say to use your current Helix application before using 2.21.  This trend seems to continue through with each prior version of HX Edit.  There doesn't appear to be an HX Edit 1.06 if I do need to go back to match the firmware version.

The Knowledge Base article on How to update the Helix's firmware says to use the Line 6 Updater but doesn't refer to HX Edit at all.

If I'm tracking along with what I'm reading, it sounds like the purpose of using HX Edit is to back up patches, but I haven't yet created any and have just been playing around with the presets.  Am I able to just skip the backup process and use the most recent Line 6 Updater and then restart the Helix while holding down footswitches 9 and 10?

Yep... Your last paragraph is exactly right. Just run the updater, send the update, do the reset, and rock on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just got my Helix. The firmware is 2.21 and i tried to update to 2.30, but it doesn't work.

I followed strictly the knowledge base : How to update the Helix's firmware.

It sounds like the helix is not recognized when i use the updater : The "select device to update" window is EMPTY although my PC recognizes the helix unit as a computer peripheral.

It's important to say that the first time i plugged in  the Helix, my PC sent a message for an incomplete, incorrect installation.

So, the result is : Helix "recognized" by PC but not by the updater.

Thanks for help.

Hi

Just got my Helix. The firmware is 2.21 and i tried to update to 2.30, but it doesn't work.

I followed strictly the knowledge base : How to update the Helix's firmware.

It sounds like the helix is not recognized when i use the updater : The "select device to update" window is EMPTY although my PC recognizes the helix unit as a computer peripheral.

It's important to say that the first time i plugged in the Helix, my PC sent a message for an incomplete, incorrect installation.

So, the result is : Helix "recognized" by PC but not by the updater.

Thanks for help.

Did you run the HX Edit installation package that installls the drivers, HX Edit and Updater?

Make sure you don’t have the editor open as the same time as Line 6 Updater.

Thank you Phil, for your post.

I had run, yesterday, the HX Edit installation package.

Actually now, starting the PC, there"s two sessions, one for administrator, the other for users.

In the administrator session, helix is well installed (Helix unit connected to HX Edit) but the updater doesn't work (message : http error).

In the user session, Helix unit isn't recognized by HX Edit, although the Helix unit appears as an identified peripheral.

So, the set up of my PC seems concerned.

For now, it's difficult to know what parameter to modify.

Thanks for any advise

• 2 weeks later...

So after the update everything is there but some of my patches with fairly complex snapshots have gone to pot. I have a few that have acoustic on one snapshot, electric on another, a different electric with custom tuning on another. These are all wrong and it’s as if Helix won’t let me change them manually as the menu options are greyed out. Any ideas.

So after the update everything is there but some of my patches with fairly complex snapshots have gone to pot. I have a few that have acoustic on one snapshot, electric on another, a different electric with custom tuning on another. These are all wrong and it’s as if Helix won’t let me change them manually as the menu options are greyed out. Any ideas.

Make sure you are using the HX edit. There seems to be alot, and I mean alot of confusion out there from people who think they are using HX edit but are actually using the old editor. The problem is that HX Edit is a new program, not an update to the old editor, therefore it does not remove the old desktop shortcut so lots of people are still clicking on the old shortcut thinking it's HX Edit. Best thing you can do is remove the old editor shortcut from your desktop and locate the HX edit one. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...