Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Presets?

k21267

Just updated to the new firmware. Love the one touch backup and restore and new models etc.  Is it safe to assume there were no new presets added?  It seems since we are to "Complete Backup and restore" that no new presets were added to showcase the new amp models or effects. Is this correct or is there a preset download somewhere I missed? 

I guess we need the ability to export/import Global Settings & IRs seperately.

Then you would doe the exports before upgrades and import afterwards, thus preserving the new factory presets.

Then after that the backup/Restore will be super useful until the next upgrade.

Or, what would be better is that the line6 Updater does this for us, giving us the choice to keep the new factory presets or overwrite them with the backup.

I'm still confused about whether there are new presets that come with 2.30. After doing the FW update, I did a restore but only restored my User Presets, not the factory presets. That should have kept the new 2.30 presets intact. But I'm not noticing any new presets. I'm looking for anything that's associated with the new amps and don't see them. Could someone post couple of preset names that are new with 2.30 so I can confirm I have them. Thanks,

I've got 13B - Voltage Queen, 13C - Derailed Ingrid, 13D - Cartographer, 14A - Brit Trem Norm, 14B - Brit Trem Bright, 14C Brit Trem Jump

And then some bass crap :)

They weren't listed after updating, but eventually I did a restore factory presets & voila - there they were.
And then I reinstalled my backed up User pesets

Thanks, that confirmed that I didn't have the new presets. I just did a Import Setlist after downloading the file that is posted earlier in this thread and now I have the new presets.

I still don't know why they didn't come with the firmware upgrade, or if they did how I lost them, since I only restored my User set lists. But, I'm good to go now. Thanks again.

Thanks, that confirmed that I didn't have the new presets. I just did a Import Setlist after downloading the file that is posted earlier in this thread and now I have the new presets.

I still don't know why they didn't come with the firmware upgrade, or if they did how I lost them, since I only restored my User set lists. But, I'm good to go now. Thanks again.

I think the upgrade doesn't blindly overwrite ANY presets, since it doesn't know what you care about or have modified.

There are switch combinations to hold on startup that will restore the factory presets. The info I have WHICH MAY BE OUT OF DATE BY NOW, is this:

7 & 8    Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs
8 & 9    Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs
9 & 10    Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

We used to have to do that after an upgrade, then restore our backups, so we got any new factory presets, but the new streamlined deal no longer requires it, so we don't, unless we do it manually. You could do that, then restore your non-factory presets from a backup.

That said, it'd be great if Line 6 could make the factory presets available as separate downloads.

The Startup Button combinations remain valid.

If you are upgrading from fw 2.20, or later, to fw 2.30 the step of manually rebuilding via power on w/ holding FS 9 &10 is no longer required. The new Updater takes care of the Rebuild procedure automatically.

Guys'n Gals.. probably a day late and dollar short on this, but maybe will help someone..  After the update, if you want to see the new presets, DON'T RESTORE OVER THE FACTORY PRESETS.

You can select which setlists to restore.  I just chose everything except the Factory1 and Factory2 setlists...  

Guys'n Gals.. probably a day late and dollar short on this, but maybe will help someone..  After the update, if you want to see the new presets, DON'T RESTORE OVER THE FACTORY PRESETS.

You can select which setlists to restore.  I just chose everything except the Factory1 and Factory2 setlists...  

Yup, good tip! Just to expand a bit on what others here have already laid out. The "Restore From Backup" screen does not come up with the Setlists expanded out so they can be seen individually. You will notice however the arrow indicating this directory can be expanded and lo and behold, there are the Factory, Template, and User setlists. They have added and even edited Factory presets as well as ones in the Templates directory in the past so at least for now if you have not upgraded yet you will probably want to uncheck the Factory and Template directories if you want to get the latest ones from Line6. I don't know if they added anything to the Templates setlist this time but as noted by other users they did add some new presets.

If you want the latest and greatest stock presets and maybe templates from Line6 but you have already upgraded to 2.30 and went through the restore process without unchecking the Factory and Template setlists on the restore you can do the following :

1. Back everything up to be on the safe side. Make sure you do a "Create Backup" from the "File" menu per the new Helix Edit 2.30. I also exported my setlists, IRs, and presets separately to be thorough.
  2. Restart using the proper footswitch combination for a global reset as per your flavor of Helix.  Helix = FS 9&10;   Rack = Encoders 5&6
  3. Use the "Restore Backup" command in the "File" menu on the new Helix Edit 2.30 to restore your backup made with "Create Backup" in step #1. Make sure you expand the "Presets" directory in the restore backup screen and uncheck the Factory and Templates directories if you want the latest stock ones from Line6. 
  4. After restore completes restart the Helix one more time to allow final rebuild of your restored presets.
  • Upvote 2

Yup, good tip! Just to expand a bit on what others here have already laid out. The "Restore From Backup" screen does not come up with the Setlists expanded out so they can be seen individually. You will notice however the arrow indicating this directory can be expanded and lo and behold, there are the Factory, Template, and User setlists. They have added and even edited Factory presets as well as ones in the Templates directory in the past so at least for now if you have not upgraded yet you will probably want to uncheck the Factory and Template directories. I don't know if they added anything to the Templates setlist this time but as noted by other users they did add some new presets.

If you want the latest and greatest stock presets and maybe templates from Line6 but you have already upgraded to 2.30 and went through the restore process without unchecking the Factory and Template setlists on the restore you can do the following :

1. Back everything up to be on the safe side. Make sure you do a "Create Backup" from the "File" menu per the new Helix Edit 2.30. I also backed up my setlists, IRs, and presets to be thorough.
  2. Restart using the proper footswitch combination for a global reset as per your flavor of Helix.  Helix = FS 9&10;   Rack = Encoders 5&6
  3. Use Helix Edit to restore your backup made with "Create Backup". Make sure you expand the "Presets" directory in the restore backup screen and uncheck the Factory and Templates directories if you want the latest stock ones from Line6.
  4. After restore completes restart the Helix one more time to allow final rebuild of your restored presets.

Thank you !!! it worked for me.

Yup, good tip! Just to expand a bit on what others here have already laid out. The "Restore From Backup" screen does not come up with the Setlists expanded out so they can be seen individually. You will notice however the arrow indicating this directory can be expanded and lo and behold, there are the Factory, Template, and User setlists. They have added and even edited Factory presets as well as ones in the Templates directory in the past so at least for now if you have not upgraded yet you will probably want to uncheck the Factory and Template directories. I don't know if they added anything to the Templates setlist this time but as noted by other users they did add some new presets.

1. Back everything up to be on the safe side. Make sure you do a "Create Backup" from the "File" menu per the new Helix Edit 2.30. I also backed up my setlists, IRs, and presets separately to be thorough.
  3. Use Helix Edit to restore your backup made with "Create Backup". Make sure you expand the "Presets" directory in the restore backup screen and uncheck the Factory and Templates directories if you want the latest stock ones from Line6.

Thank you !!! it worked for me.

Glad to hear it!  :)

• Upvote 1

1. Back everything up to be on the safe side. Make sure you do a "Create Backup" from the "File" menu per the new Helix Edit 2.30. I also backed up my setlists, IRs, and presets separately to be thorough.

This was super helpful for me. I blasted over the new presets with the full recovery without reading first. I really appreciate this information - thank you!

I've gone through the rebuild procedure by pressing switches 9&10 and power on. It goes through the preset rebuild but I am still not seeing the new patches at 13B Victoria etc. Instead I am still seeing the old BAS: patches. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Errol

• 2 months later...

Helix presets are compatible with Helix Native. You should be able to import any Helix preset into Helix Native. Please describe exactly what procedure you are using and where/how the import is failing.

Edit: I have seen your similar post in another thread. You can restore the factory setlists from within Helix Native (see page 15 of the Helix Native manual).