Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix edit 2.30 backup failed

rickcaron

Just install the new editor. When I try to backup before updating the firmware, I'm getting this error when the preset backup start (30%)

-Errors occured during the backup (code -8606)  Do you want to retry?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with firmware 2.20

any hint?

Just install the new editor. When I try to backup before updating the firmware, I'm getting this error when the preset backup start (30%)

-Errors occured during the backup (code -8606)  Do you want to retry?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with firmware 2.20

any hint?

A corrupt preset is a likely culprit per Duncann's post. You might also want to try selecting a different directory than the default to backup to. Make sure it doesn't require special permissions.

There was another post that described exactly this, and it was due to a corrupt preset. It was suggested to try to export by setlists to narrow the search.

I actually did the update without backing up my presets and they all remained intact. After the update I did a full backup(with no errors). I'm not suggesting that the backup isn't necessary, just sharing my experience.

I had this same problem. 'Create Backup' and 'Create Bundle' were both failing. Through process of elimination I narrowed down to factory presets - number 93  in both FACTORY1 and FACTORY2 (I use the 0-127 numbering ).  So I copied a good preset over each of these and now both the create backup and create bundle functions work fine. For me it wasn't a big deal since I don't really use factory presets much, and being able to use the new backup capability was worth sacrificing the 2 presets. 

What was weird was that I was able to open the presets, but none of the blocks were populated. I'm assuming that something got corrupted during the download. 

Kudos to Line 6 for the new backup process. I use IR's for everything and up to now backups were a real PIA. 

• 11 months later...

I had this problem as well -- would not Export a Bundle -- sure enough ( as kinda mentioned above), I moved the destination to another folder and BAM, worked fine. I was trying to save it in the LINE6 folder with my editors, etc. no go. Made a new folder LINE6 FILES, worked like a charm.