jrcfishon

Hi, everyone! New to line6 here. I have inherited a dt25 hd500x.

Hi, totally new to Line 6 here so please excuse my ignorance. My brother in law passed away and left me his dt25 and hd500x. I tried to get sound out if just the amp to no avail do I checked the speaker fuse, speaker, tubes and even bypassed the preamp but can't get anything out of the amp. Does the hd500x need to be hooked up to the amp via the link for it to work? Also I don't have a midi interface so can I go through the he to update the amp? Thanks in advance for your help!

The amp should work on its own without the Pod connected. Sorry but I can't help your any more than clearing that point up for you.

As Silverhead says, the amp (and 500x) are stand alone bits of kit. Are you getting any lights on the DT? If you peer in the back do the tubes glow?

Have the manual. Checked the tubes and they are not getting hot at all. Swapped them out and still no good. Did the reset, checked fuses and speaker cable also. I don't have a midi interface to update the firmware. I guess that's what I should try next?

If there still are no lights, sound or the tubes are not glowing and lifeless then it time for a trip to a service tech for a peek under the hood. Could be a transformer issue to supplying power. Firmware won't fix that.

@ jrcfishon,... log a support ticket in your Line 6 account, it will need to be

checked out by a Line 6 authorized service center who knows the inside of this.