Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Presets - Help

delacloche

Just updated to 2.30 after having done the suggested backup. When I did backup restore I didn't realise that I could select which setlists to restore and therefore the whole backup was restored including the factory presets which were my 2.21 factory presets. Realising I had somehow lost the new updated presets I decided to re install 2.30 a second time thinking that I would carefully select only the user presets to restore from backup. To my disappointment after doing this my presets still did not include the latest factory presets.

How can I possibly get this fixed  as I am dying to try the new amps and effects?

The 2.30 Release Notes do not get around to mentioning selective Restore options until the second bulleted item of the New Features section which is deep into the Release Notes. As positioned there, it is very likely to be missed by many users the first time through!

Moreover, there is no advisory warning nor explicit statement that Firmware 2.30's Factory Preset Setlists will be overwritten by allowing HX Edit to perform a full Restore (as implied by Release Notes' Step 4 of Updating a Helix...)!

The Installation Instructions Step 4 should be clarified!! Another sentence or two added to Step 4 will prevent a lot of user frustration and reduce customer support load. Otherwise, there will inevitably be many users that miss the distinction of only restoring their personalized User Setlists, Globals, and IRs, so as to avoid overwriting the 2.30 Factory Preset Setlists.

I updated from 2.21 to 2.30 today, did NOT restore the factory setlists from my pre-update backup, and I still don't have any new factory presets I can find.

I think you may have to back up, do the "Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs" thing, then restore everything except the factory setlists from you backup.

Did anyone actually get new presets without doing that? Are both factory banks new?

Just updated to 2.30 after having done the suggested backup. When I did backup restore I didn't realise that I could select which setlists to restore and therefore the whole backup was restored including the factory presets which were my 2.21 factory presets. Realising I had somehow lost the new updated presets I decided to re install 2.30 a second time thinking that I would carefully select only the user presets to restore from backup. To my disappointment after doing this my presets still did not include the latest factory presets.

How can I possibly get this fixed  as I am dying to try the new amps and effects?

I updated from 2.21 to 2.30 today, did NOT restore the factory setlists from my pre-update backup, and I still don't have any new factory presets I can find.

I think you may have to back up, do the "Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs" thing, then restore everything except the factory setlists from you backup.

Did anyone actually get new presets without doing that? Are both factory banks new?

Not sure if both banks have new presets but if you find the following in Factory 1 you probably have the new presets assuming you did not restore over Factory 2:

13B - Voltage Queen, 13C - Derailed Ingrid, 13D - Cartographer, 14A - Brit Trem Norm, 14B - Brit Trem Bright, 14C Brit Trem Jump

If you don't have these after the update you can use the procedure in the bottom of this post to get them back. You will just have to backup, run the global reset on your footswitches (Helix Floor) or encoders (Rack) and then do a restore.

http://line6.com/support/topic/30512-new-presets/?p=235275

I must admit I am confused with these presets. I updated the Editor firs, and did a backup.  I then did the 2.30 firmware upgrade, and I saw the presets rebuilding.  However, when the Helix rebooted, all my user presets etc were still there, without having to do a restore.  The Helix has certainly updated to 2.30, and I have the new amp and pedal models, but not the new presets detailed above in either Factory 1 or Factory 2 banks.  The 2.30 firmware upgrade does not seem to have touched my presets at all.

• 8 months later...