Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L6 you've out done yourselves on this editor

willjrock

I cant say enough about the new editor.  IMO its perfect.  I couldnt ask for anything more as far as functionality, and the graphics are outstanding as well. It makes the unit even more fun to play and maybe even sound better.  :P  I give it a 10. Thanks L6! Job well done.

Here are some improvements that im aware of, that have affected my use of the editor dramatically, which have also made a mouse completely unnecessary. If you know of any other editor shortcuts or improvements that could be helpful, please chime in.

up/down arrows cycle thru all values 

side to side arrows cycle thru all parameters 

tab to cycle thru presets/IRs (which ever you have selected in the librarian), paths 1 and 2, model list - not new but handy

control + number cycles thru snapshots - thanks soblivion

shift + up/down arrows increase or decrease values much more rapidly

parametric EQ - mid freq values such as 180hz are MUCH more easily selected while up/down arrows cycle thru values in such an intuitive and intelligent manner.

• Upvote 2

I do not run Helix with a computer. Are these control shortcut key combinations in the HX Edit's Help Pulldown?

Im not sure.  I dont believe so.

I agree. Like the new editor alot. Looks just like Native!! ;-)

I was actually surprised to see a thread where people do not like it. I cant explain that one, unless it has to do with their monitor or their "Appearance and Personalization" configuration.

The one thing i did find where L6 may have cut it just a bit too close is (and hey, id rather adapt than have them change the functionality- its probably more me than anything L6 missed on) they've added scroll support, and thats great, but once in a while if you inadvertently scroll in the wrong place you increase or decrease values, and with no undo it can be a little frustrating....but again, i'll chalk that up to me not paying attention to where im scrolling exactly.

CNTL + click on the slider set that sliders parameter to default value (workes in Windows, don't know Mac). Usefull when tweekt into a corner.... Wish for undo though as it does not for example set a cab type or mic type back to defaul or whant to compare tweeks back and forth or go back some steps, but not to default or accedently moves a slider or...

But the HX Editor is great, thanks L6. Some really great amps too

/Per

CNTL + click on the slider set that sliders parameter to default value (workes in Windows, don't know Mac). Usefull when tweekt into a corner.

Right on brother. You probably also know that works on about every plugin, DAW, and monitoring software made?....Much the same way ctrl+z (undo) works on simple text.

Lol @ tweekt into a corner. Been there before :)

If you save and restore from an actual Helix backup, IRs go back where they were, numbers not needed. If for some reason you can't use your full backup, order won't be preserved without numbering them and manually putting them back in order.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know for sure whether or not the update takes care of the IR problem where they need numbered to re-import properly? Those few extra characters that im now using for numbers would be useful to have back. 

Yes you can back up the entire unit... presets, global settings and IRs.

Ooops... Zooey beat me to it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

New finding.....In my initial post it was said that control + number engaged that snapshot, so for instance cntrl +7 was snapshot 7, just finding now that the snapshots can be auditioned simply by scrolling thru them. Thats huge for me.

Just more effort before....and then like all fx inside helix, once you made your selection, the menu would close.  In the editor, it was necessary to reach for the mouse each time to re- open the snapshot menu before a choice could ever be made. Still need the mouse in hand to click from 6 to 7. More steps.

Now once you are in, you are simply making choices....and in the fastest, easiest way possible. Just bump the mouse wheel done.

Never bothered with the original editor -