Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Garbled Audio With Surface Book

kneave

Howdo,

I've recently purchased a Surface Book (1st gen) and I'm getting really garbled audio from the output of my UX2.  I last saw this when I tried to connect to my PC via a powered USB hub and could only get it to work if I connect direct. 

As the USB ports connect to the mainboard via the keyboard connected I'm starting to think they are behind a hub, if so there is no fix...

Has anyone had any success running a UX2 with a Surface Book please?  If so could you let me know the trick to getting it working, if not put me out of my misery!

Thanks,
Keegan

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdo,

I've recently purchased a Surface Book (1st gen) and I'm getting really garbled audio from the output of my UX2.  I last saw this when I tried to connect to my PC via a powered USB hub and could only get it to work if I connect direct. 

As the USB ports connect to the mainboard via the keyboard connected I'm starting to think they are behind a hub, if so there is no fix...

Has anyone had any success running a UX2 with a Surface Book please?  If so could you let me know the trick to getting it working, if not put me out of my misery!

Thanks,

Keegan

Omfg is this my issue? I have not been able to get my UX2 to work properly on my Surface Book. I just get this horrible buzzing/static noise.

Omfg is this my issue? I have not been able to get my UX2 to work properly on my Surface Book. I just get this horrible buzzing/static noise.

If you can't get it to work at all, this link about a Mac update that was causing trouble with the set up on Mac was causing may help.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/recording/computer-audio-set-up-and-troubleshooting/macos-high-sierra-1013-driver-installation-change-r879

• 1 year later...

Same issue here. Garbled sound through the "docking station" as through connecting directly (Surface Book II). On my last computer, changing the "Default Format" in the sound settings (Advanced tab) to one of the other options helped, but there are only 2 options left instead of 4 and it doesn't seem to be the root cause anyway.

It'd be great to know if there is ANY way to resolve this...

image.png.4cb8b304d33125f2f30be7fa21f0e533.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...