Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.30 and stomp switch LED states

zooey

Upgrade went wonderfully smoothly, good job Line 6!

However, the LED state for many of my stomp switches that control more than one block is backwards. For instance, I was just fixing a preset that has a switch labeled Delay, turns a delay on and reverb off. Before the update, its LED was on when the delay was, like makes sense for a switch labeled Delay. After the update, it's the other way around, off when the delay is on.

It's easy enough to fix, but I have a bunch of presets with footswitches set up like that, and a lot of them, maybe all, are wrong now. That one preset has three.

Have other folks seen this? Is it just a upgrade thing, or do the new full backups not capture or not restore that correctly?

Upgrade went wonderfully smoothly, good job Line 6!

However, the LED state for many of my stomp switches that control more than one block is backwards. For instance, I was just fixing a preset that has a switch labeled Delay, turns a delay on and reverb off. Before the update, its LED was on when the delay was, like makes sense for a switch labeled Delay. After the update, it's the other way around, off when the delay is on.

It's easy enough to fix, but I have a bunch of presets with footswitches set up like that, and a lot of them, maybe all, are wrong now. That one preset has three.

Have other folks seen this? Is it just a upgrade thing, or do the new full backups not capture or not restore that correctly?

I think I had one preset with a delay that showed to be on, but was off. I hit the foot switch once and it went back to normal. 

Not the same thing. LEDs were just backwards, not matter how many times I hit the switch.

That stinks...

I don't know if it matters, but did you restore from the new "full backup", or did you restore individual presets? Just curious. I saw only that one issue with a single delay when restoring from the new full backup method. 

The LEDs interact with a very last affect or block that was last assigned to that foot switch. Perhaps the new update process fudged something up in that regard, as in it doesn't remember which effects were assigned last..

Yeah, I know how it works, and set the LEDs how I want them. I'll check further when I get a chance.

That stinks...

I don't know if it matters, but did you restore from the new "full backup", or did you restore individual presets? Just curious. I saw only that one issue with a single delay when restoring from the new full backup method. 

Full backup, restored everything but the factory setlists.

(Which doesn't turn out to matter, still don't have new factory stuff. Seems like the upgrade leaves your preset like they were, factory and all, and you have to manually reset them, then restore yours from backups. Which is fine, just not mentioned or clear.)

I was just tweaking some of older rock covers band patches today on 2.3 and noticed the LED was the wrong way round...

...thing is I've not used these patches for over a year - I don't think I ever even looked at these patches on 2.20 - so the LED flip error may have occurred in a previous update.

The LED flip thing definitely happened with one of the very early updates.. I remember that being quite irritating having to reset about 25 presets!

This control stomp flipping of LED status has been going on for me for every update I've applied - no matter what method of restoring patches.

I even fixed a patch, saved it, and exported it with the new HX Edit.

Then reimported that patch into a new spot - flipped.

I have a GREAT many patches which use control stomps I've assigned, unfortunately.

I reported this previously, including submitting patches.

It seems to have defied correction to date.