Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Edit - I Can't Hear Anything.

scoobaseth

I recently purchased a POD HD PRO, and last night I connected it up to my Macbook Pro, downloaded and installed the latest drivers, flash upgrades etc for the POD HD PRO, and then downloaded POD HD Edit. The program looks all good and well, and a much simpler and efficient way to work on your tones rather than doing it just through the POD HD PRO's interface itself.

The only problem is... I can't hear anything... Not a single thing. I've tried all the input modes on POD HD Edit, I've tried reconnecting the unit, I've made sure that all my sound settings on my Macbook are correct. My POD HD PRO is selected as my external sound card input, and I'm just using the built in output. The POD HD PRO is recognising the signal from my guitar, as the built in tuner is working just fine, and my Macbook is recognising the POD HD PRO, because it's transferred all my existing patches that I had previously made.

So where am I going wrong...? is it not just as simple as, Plugging in my guitar to my POD HD PRO, plugging in my USB chord from my POD HD PRO to my Macbook's USB 2.0 port, and then letting all the software do the rest? Am I completely missing something? or is there an unknown complex problem at fault?

getting an answer ASAP would be greatly appreciated... This is pretty much the reason I bought the POD HD PRO.

.... My POD HD PRO is selected as my external sound card input, and I'm just using the built in output. ...

A couple of possibilities:

- you mention HD Edit; you probably mean (and are using) HD Pro Edit. If not, you should be. They are different programs.

- you are using 'the built in output' of what? You need to have your speakers/monitors/headphones connected to the HD Pro output, not your Macbook output.

• 6 months later...

Here is a quick fix I found if you just want to hear the guitar tones you download, but for editing tones it probably wont work as well. Open garageband on mac and you can create a guitar track to hear the tones through your computer. Not sure for PC but probably the same process with a different software. Otherwise do what the post by Uber Guru says

update to last post.

For Mac, open HD Edit to create your tones or to open downloaded tones, open garageband and create a guitar track with pod hd connected. In garageband click on the guitar track you made to hear it live, and make sure its connected to the Pod HD. Now with both programs open you can hear the sound from garageband live through your computer as you change your tones in HD Edit.

If you dont know how to use Garage band, to create a track click Track > New Track > Click electric guitar >

and under where it says " my instrument is connected with" make sure you have these settings, Pod HD, Mono 2, System Setting,
and check the box that says "I want to hear my instrument as I play and record".

For PC use your music editing software to do the same.

Goodluck!

you are not going to hear it over your macbook speakers.... if that's what you're trying to do....

you really need to use the same device for input AND output... meaning plug some headphones/speakers into the pod.

if you do the workaround presented by costawhatever, expect some latency issues.

I recently purchased a POD HD PRO, and last night I connected it up to my Macbook Pro, downloaded and installed the latest drivers, flash upgrades etc for the POD HD PRO, and then downloaded POD HD Edit. The program looks all good and well, and a much simpler and efficient way to work on your tones rather than doing it just through the POD HD PRO's interface itself.

The only problem is... I can't hear anything... Not a single thing. I've tried all the input modes on POD HD Edit, I've tried reconnecting the unit, I've made sure that all my sound settings on my Macbook are correct. My POD HD PRO is selected as my external sound card input, and I'm just using the built in output. The POD HD PRO is recognising the signal from my guitar, as the built in tuner is working just fine, and my Macbook is recognising the POD HD PRO, because it's transferred all my existing patches that I had previously made.

So where am I going wrong...? is it not just as simple as, Plugging in my guitar to my POD HD PRO, plugging in my USB chord from my POD HD PRO to my Macbook's USB 2.0 port, and then letting all the software do the rest? Am I completely missing something? or is there an unknown complex problem at fault?

getting an answer ASAP would be greatly appreciated... This is pretty much the reason I bought the POD HD PRO.

+1 to what Zap said. When you connect via USB, the HD Pro becomes your computer's soundcard, so that being the case, it becomes the default input and output device. You need to hook headphones or speakers up to the HD Pro to hear it.