Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv 69 Alt Tunings On Jtv 89f

Hi

I bought a JTV 89F

Great guitar, but on the alt tunings bank, I would rather have the alt tunings of the jtv 69 than to keep the alt tunings of the jtv 89.

How could I put those alt tunings on my jtv 89 with the help of workbench 2.0.

I would like to have these tunings working on every model, so reachable with the alt tunings knob.

I am curious about your answers

Workbench 2.0 will let you define and store any tunings you desire.  It's covered reasonably well in the Workbench manual.  Or, if you have some time on your hands you can program them in manually on the guitar (covered in the Varaix manual).

If you have questions after reading the docs and trying this on your own, give a yell.

You need to use capo mode and set all your tunings through that. If you don't know how to use capo mode, then you need to learn it.

After you learn it, simply replace all the tunings with the tunings you want via that mode. I'm not sure if workbench has a way to change your Alt tuning knob's banks yet, but workbench will work on model-based tunings, which is where you let the model/patch tell the Variax what tuning you want.

On a JTV, you have to switch the alt tuning knob to "Model", then your tuning will be changed to that patch's tuning.

Another thing to consider is that if you're using the Variax with one of POD HDs with the VDI input, you can save any tuning you want with the preset. It is a bit different in practice than having the tunings immediately available with the alt tuning knob, but it gives you a lot of flexibility in having immediate access to alternate tunings.

Hi Guys

I went on trying and I came to the next conclusion:

1) Put the JTV tuning knob on the position: model

2)Put you r desired tuning from the users at tab to the JTV alt tab at the position you want it to be -> it will tell you that it will be writing to the JTVF now.

3)Your own alt tuning is put to your guitar, when you turn the at tuning knob, you can see that the light that will switch on darker blue on your onw tunings, so you can see that it worked.

Success with your tunings