Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't update

dghogan

I get an error message wanting me to turn my Helix LT off then back on and to check my usb connection. Don't know what to do. I downloaded the 2.20 editor first which installed the correct driver and uploader.  I also don't understand the backup procedure.

I'm a 60 yoar old guitar lover. But not much on computers. I just wanted the best sound I could get without lifting heavu amps. So, any help would be great. I'll keep looking to see if this has been brought up.. 

Did that, still got the error message repeatedly. I finally changed computers and used my laptop. worked perfect. I used the HX editor to backup the presets,( this is a brand new machine so I don't have any user presets yet). I let the unit update, then I went upstairs and when I came back it was done. So I went back to the editor and restored from backup, globals, IR's and factory presets. After that I turned the helix off and when I turned it back on, it started rebuilding presets. Did I miss something or is that normal? Did the unit not restart like it was supposed to? While I was out of the room or am I ok????

I was out of the rm. for a few min. so I dont know if it rebooted on it's own or not.  All I know is that after I restored from backup, and turned it off,, when I turned it back on, it started rebuilding presets. I went back to the editor and restored from backup once more. and when I turned it off, it started rebuilding again when I turned it back on.... Confused..  Just wanna know if there is something I need to do. I looked at the menu for amps and I have all the new ones and the new effects...