Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Different sound when going into my Macbook ( HD500X )

benwells709

Hey all, I am very new to this unit. I got it a few days ago and have spent a couple hours with it. I am loving the tones so far. However I have noticed that when I plug into my Macbook and take my headphones out of the HD500X and plug it into the Macbook I get a different sound. It doesnt sound as full as it does when my headphones are straight out of the HD500X unit. Any idea why that is ? I should mention the program Im using is Logic.

external audio interfaces like the POD sound always much better and fuller than any audio interface intergrated into a computer..

try to listen any audio track (flac or even mp3) through the POD or the computer AI to have evidence of what I'm saying..

furthermore, in case you listen/monitor the STEREO signal coming directly from the POD, but your DAW track is recorded in MONO, there will be further tone differences between the monitored sound and the recorded one

How should I hook this up so I get the same sound into my MacBook that I am getting when my headphones are straight out of the HD500X ?

And, let us not forget to mention... 

headphones always sound different than speakers

I understand that. However I'm not listening to the sound through speakers. I am comparing my headphones being plugged into the HD500X, to the HD500X going into my MacBook and my headphones now coming out of my MacBook. So basically I inserted a MacBook between the chain. 

I want to have the sound going into my MacBook the same quality that I hear in my headphones when I am straight out of the HD500X. How can I achieve this. Is it setting within Logic? or do I need to go from the HD500X into a Audio Interface and than into the MacBook ?

How should I hook this up so I get the same sound into my MacBook that I am getting when my headphones are straight out of the HD500X ?

I understand that. However I'm not listening to the sound through speakers. I am comparing my headphones being plugged into the HD500X, to the HD500X going into my MacBook and my headphones now coming out of my MacBook. So basically I inserted a MacBook between the chain. 

I want to have the sound going into my MacBook the same quality that I hear in my headphones when I am straight out of the HD500X. How can I achieve this. Is it setting within Logic? or do I need to go from the HD500X into a Audio Interface and than into the MacBook ?

The HD is your audio interface and should be what you use for playback. Adding another interface will not change how the integrated soundcard on your Mac will sound for playback. 

Ok, so than what you are saying is the sound the would be recorded is what I am hearing with the quality of the HD. It just sounded way better in the HD. Not a little better, ALOT better. So I was worried that maybe I need to go into a good interface and than the MacBook, even thou I was under the assumption that the HD was an interface. However I am new to this unit so maybe it isn't considered a good interface. Obviously the last thing I want is a lollipop recording. 

So your saying it is possible to run my HD in the MacBook and use the HD as the output audio source as well ? So anything in my recording, not just guitar from the line 6 can be heard through the headphone jack of the HD unit ?