Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Newbie to Line 6 Spider V

teamudgp

I hate asking this because Im sure the answer is right under my face.   I have the Spider V60 and I cant figure out the settings.  I understand all the presets and I have the footswitch with wah/volume.   

My question is how do you use it like a "normal" amp and pedals?   Like I wanted to play "smells Like teen spirit for example.   How do I go from clean to distortion?   All I seem to be able to do is go from one preset to another.

AM I using the wrong amp?

To set up switching between clean and distorted tones you will probably have to do some editing of or making new presets, which can easily be done on the amp or with the Spider V Remote app. One way you can switch from a clean tone to a distorted tone is using 2 presets. Make a clean preset and then a distorted preset adjacent to the clean one. The other option would be to make a tone with set the amp cleaner and then add overdrive/distortion pedal(s) to push the amp for the distorted parts.

To go from clean to distortion, put the 2 presets you like, the clean preset and the distortion preset, next to each other in the same bank.  Then you can simply switch presets using the pedal.  For example, put the clean in 1A and the distortion in 1B.  Then to switch between the two, you just press 1A or 1B.

• 1 month later...

Clean and Distortion sounds I like to contain in one preset. I just pick an amp, set to lower gain, control some volume from guitar too. I add a boost drive to overdrive the amp for the more gain needed. NOt too much though or you think it out badly. Use the EQ post amp and you can also boost gains there just by increasing the gains of each PEQ band. Add 4-5 db to each. Now your amp roars when you use that with the more gain in the preset.That also helps when you change volume on your guitar knob, then you still have plenty of signal for both clean and dirty.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...