Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

V2.3 - Overall Sound improvements

archisc

Tests ive seen found no audible difference. In the future, if you just want to have piece of mind for your own self. Record a dry track for reamping. Reamp thru your current firmware, on your fav patch, THEN update. Youd have to roll back to 2.21 to know for sure now, but you *could* find out if you really wanted to.

Thanks guy... just in my head I guess

It's the placebo effect. I thought everything sounded better the first two times I updated. I didn't this time and now I have my doubts about those other two times. 

The tuner works better less jumpy less nervous.

I did notice that! I wouldn't say "problem solved," but I think it is better.

Unfortunately I found the complete opposite, I find it harsh and on some presets unusable. I’ve checked everything and it still sounds bad to me. I tried the new trainwreck amp and it is horrible and harsh, I’ve used other uses presets of customtone but they sound as bad. I’m playing a strat and a les Paul, I’m not the only one either who’s experienced this problem.

Unfortunately I found the complete opposite, I find it harsh and on some presets unusable. I’ve checked everything and it still sounds bad to me. I tried the new trainwreck amp and it is horrible and harsh, I’ve used other uses presets of customtone but they sound as bad. I’m playing a strat and a les Paul, I’m not the only one either who’s experienced this problem.

What are you monitoring through? A preset created at high volume through stereo FRFR speakers will sound completely different when listening through headphones, and vice versa. It is not a problem, it is just a lack of understanding the audio monitoring at the listening end. 

I’m using my sound stage Lt3’s through the link and also into my studio monitors via xlr. When I have loaded previous old presets they sound really bad, it’s like not loading a cab sim but not as bad as that, just harsh and overly bright to me. The other users who have found this are on a Facebook users page. I’ve had to put the guitar pad on which I’ve never had to do, my global eq has always been set to low cut at 80 and high cut at 60. I returned the it to 2.21 update and it sounded the same so it must be me, I just don’t remember them being that bad. It could be an age thing , it’s still the best bit of kit I’ve owned it’s pretty well replaced all my amps and effects, I love it.

I’m using my sound stage Lt3’s through the link and also into my studio monitors via xlr. When I have loaded previous old presets they sound really bad, it’s like not loading a cab sim but not as bad as that, just harsh and overly bright to me. The other users who have found this are on a Facebook users page. I’ve had to put the guitar pad on which I’ve never had to do, my global eq has always been set to low cut at 80 and high cut at 60. I returned the it to 2.21 update and it sounded the same so it must be me, I just don’t remember them being that bad. It could be an age thing , it’s still the best bit of kit I’ve owned it’s pretty well replaced all my amps and effects, I love it.

any chance you didn't reload any IR's you were using when you updated

I’ve found the problem! I wasn’t aware the the global eq doesn’t work with link, it only operates via the other outlets so I’ve just run my eq on each patch and it’s ok now . Happy man