Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

new downloads missing from the editor

paulgshaw

Did you do the 1. HX Edit download/install on your computer, 2. Back up Helix 2.X to the new Editor, 3. Firmware 2.30 Download/install onto the Helix, then 4. Restore Helix from the NEW HX Edit software... in that order?  

The old Helix Editor won't talk to the new firmware, so the order is important to end up with a package of Floor processor and Computer-based Editor that will work together (and share all the same information and presets).

Did you do the 1. HX Edit download/install on your computer, 2. Back up Helix 2.X to the new Editor, 3. Firmware 2.30 Download/install onto the Helix, then 4. Restore Helix from the NEW HX Edit software... in that order?  

The old Helix Editor won't talk to the new firmware, so the order is important to end up with a package of Floor processor and Computer-based Editor that will work together (and share all the same information and presets).

Many thanks now working as it should....Cheers, Paul

• 9 months later...

I had the exact same problem and this solved it for me too, so many thanks.

just uninstall Helix edit, run the latest updates on your Helix, reinstall Helix edit. Weirdly, although I had the latest version of HElix edit before this process, I now have an updated gui.

1 hour ago, PaulMullins said:

... Weirdly, although I had the latest version of HElix edit before this process, I now have an updated gui.

Are you sure about the version? Note that the HX Edit program displays the version of Helix firmware installed on the device, which may have been the latest firmware version and the display that you were noticing. In order to see the version of HX Edit that is running you need to use the 'About...' feature in the HX Edit Help menu.