Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and classical guitar

pepitovadecurt

Hi I'm using Helix for live (directo to PA from XLR stereo) in electric guitars.

Now need to incorporate a classical guitar with piezo and onboard preamp Shadow. After few tests uses the loop input (in my guitar sounds better than AUX in). Sometimes the guitar sounds with a lot of bass, sometimes sounds thin, sometimes produces a lot of feedback...

Any recommendation to sound good for both guitars with the same outputs? And to get better tone with the classical guitar? I play rumba.

Thanks.

umm.... what's causing all the sometimes this and that stuff?

Are you adding effects?

Do you have an amp sim on?

Do you have a bad cable?

For me, when I plug an acoustic in, I tend to use no amp and just add a touch of reverb and/or delay.  Too much reverb and you'll get feedback.  If feedback is a problem, you could try adding an eq and sweep a high q cut through till you find the offending frequency range.

Using a compressor or adding gain from an amp will increase the likelihood of feedback.