Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Covenant Eyes blocking some downloads

boydwgrossii

I use an internet accountability software called Covenant Eyes.  I was on Windows 8 but found numerous posts that that is the problem.  I upgraded to Windows 10 but couldn't get into my gmail after that.  I found that CE was blocking my ability to get into my gmail.  When I looked at the developer tools, I found that CE had determined that the page wasn't secure and thus blocked it.  When I go to the software I'm trying to download from Monkey, I find that I can get all but updated drivers and flash memory due to the same security issues.

I get the following message:  Apache/2.4.20 (FreeBSD) OpenSSL/1.0.1s-freebsd Server at line6.com Port 80

When this happened with another site, I added that page to the trusted sites in the proxy settings but it didn't work.  I don't have the option of uninstalling CE nor do I want to.

Do you any of you have any pointers on how to have Line 6 be a trusted site?

Thanks.

I can, but I'd have to get a hand with it from one of my accountability partners.  I don't mind doing that, but I imaging this will happen with other things like Superior Drummer and Reaper plugins when I get to do that more.  I want to try to find a way without disabling.  I've read you guys and you all know your stuff so I figure we can find a way or something to suggest to Covenant Eyes to address.

I think I got it.  I had to login to my CE account online and then go to the Allowed/Block List and then add line6.com to it.  I thought that page only pertained to a page that would fail to open in regards to inappropriate material.  Nope.  It pertains to being able to open at all so I can go add pages to there as needed.  Very interesting.