Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Kb37 Not Functioning Correctly At Laptop Startup

When I power up my laptop my Kb37 does not work as it should, first of all the "octave select" light never lights up and then when I try to use it with Cubase it tends not to work correctly in these circumstances.

However, if I simply unplug the USB from the KB37 and plug it in again everything works as it should. Interestingly, if I restart the computer rather than shut down and power up again, the problem does not occur - it only happens when powered up from being shut down and completely off.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling - no change. All software and drivers are up to date. I am using my KB37 in conjunction with a new Lenovo laptop running windows 8 64-bit.

Any ideas what I should do to stop this from happening?

I would guess that perhaps your computer is not sending enough power over USB on startup... other than driver updates i can't think of anything that would help...

google and use slimdrivers... it will find some behind the scenes driver upgrades that may help.

• 11 months later...

Hi Triyche,

iI tried all USB settings in the BIOS but with no effect.

The simple solution you have proposed I have been practicing since I have the KB37 ;-)

But I thought that there is maybe a solution for the normal way.

Now it is how it is.

Thank you.

I am not sure how much of this would apply to Win8 (don't have it) but in the older Windows versions you could go into the power management settings via Device Manager - Hardware to the USB Root Hub. It might be worth a trip through the search engine to see if there is a setting which is causing this. 

-B

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm having this EXACT same problem (I have done the past year, I'm close to throwing the KB37 out, but thought I'd check if someone is encountering similar issues here first!)......

I'm running on Windows 10 small form factor desktop.....MIDI does not work when booting PC from cold, the octave select lights are out, though audio works fine. A restart or pulling the cable out/in solves it.......sometimes for not very long.....if I start using Reaper the MIDI might freeze up halfway through a session causing everything to go haywire, requiring a PC reboot to resolve....

From FrankLo's text I have disabled quick boot in my BIOS, but I still have the problem......does anybody have any suggestions?

It may also be a BIOS setting looking for a bootable USB OS.

But I guess a simple solution would be not to plug it in until after booting up.

This is what I've been doing. I just unplug it before I shutdown or hibernate and after the 'puter is finished starting I plug it back in.