Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording using Line6 UX2 Pod Farm with Reaper

Hi guys, having an issue with recording with Reaper (latest version) using my Line6 UX2 Pod Farm (Version 2.59.0). I've gone through the Options/Prefs/VST the added the Line6 file containing the Pod Farm VST .dll's. When opening a new track. Track/Insert virtual instrument on new track/VST, the Insert Virtual Instrument dialog box shows two sets of .dll's for Pod Farm as below:

VST: POD farm 2 (Line 6, Inc.)

VST: POD farm 2 (x86)Line 6, Inc.)

VST: Bass Amps (Line 6, Inc.)

VST: Bass Amps (x86)Line 6, Inc.)

Etc...Etc...Etc

While the UX2 Pod Farm used as a stand alone interface for playing it works great, when when i open it up to record in Reaper the Pod Farm window opens up, but i get no sound coming out of the powered studio monitors (Plugged into the back of the UX2) and no sign of life on the Master Channel and the Pod Farm 2 channel just opened in Reaper.

There must be a conflict of some kind between the software of the UX2 and Reaper somewhere, but i just can't figure it out.

I've cleared the Reaper VST cache and rescanned, re-added the Pod Farm .dll's (This then still shows the double of everything as described above. I'm using the 64bit version of Reaper but as far as i understand it, this version still supports Pod Farm.

Any ideas on this one?

Cheers

Slab.

I'm using WIndows 10 btw.

So when you use the plug in version in Reaper, to hear the instrumnet/voice you want to record, you will need to use the monitor function on the track you are recording on, or you won't hear any sound. When you record, do you get the re-amped sound? I usually leave the monitor function off, there's a small amount of latency on the play back, on my setup anyway.

The POD Farm plug-in launched within your DAW does not record anything, it just reamps the track you apply it to. The UX has up to 4 sends that can be configured in PF standalone mixer view or the Line6 Audio-MIDI control panel. One workflow I typically use with the UX is to record a dry stereo track and a wet stereo track simultaneously.  Then insert the PF plug-in on the dry track with the wet track serving as a reference for the tone I was going for.