Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.30 Plexi Brit Trem Bright, Normal, Jumpered Demos

skyfirez1

at the very end, the last 2mins of this video i call out the Line 6 guys

Line 6 guys, stop making marshall amp sims

we're good on marshall amp simps, we have about 15 of them

Dave friedman mentioned this weekend on tone talk live that marshall is NO LONGER producing UK amps

this means that marshall is either - dead in the water - or - moving to china

Stop making Marshall amp sims

Lets get some Friedman Amp simps, lets get the Suhr Bella ampsim 

Lets get some boutique amp sims, no more marshall, 

No seriously, no more marshall, they aren't even a relevant company anymore,  

That would be like making material referencing pontiac cars,  when pontiac means nothing for today.

see what im saying ? 

yeh thanks.

I agree. There are a LOT of Marshall’s in there. Don’t need more... that said, I’m glad they did the Brit Trem, though. It’s the only Marshall model in there that works for me. But, going forward... yeah...no more Marshall’s (maybe a Bluesbreaker...)

• Upvote 1

at the very end, the last 2mins of this video i call out the Line 6 guys

Line 6 guys, stop making marshall amp sims

I didn't feel the need for any more Marshalls either. And yet I find this latest one the best of the bunch. Interesting, too, that despite calling for no more you went to the effort of putting together this demo. What prompted you to make the demo of the model and then immediately chastise Line 6 for giving it to us? Presumably you like the model. Is it possible that they might release another one you like?

I keep hearing the newest one is the best. I will have to give it a go. I must admit I have never been drawn to any Marshall amp model, in any modeler to be fair. Much like I don't gravitate towards "fuzz" style drives in the past either. Its Just not a sound I shoot for. (generally)

I agree we don't need anymore Marshalls for at least for quite some time. Though I don't begrudge this new one if it is so good.  :P

... I must admit I have never been drawn to any Marshall amp model, in any modeler to be fair. Much like I don't gravitate towards "fuzz" style drives in the past either...

i agree on both. But you HAVE to try the new Plexi Trem. It is THAT good. That said, I still hate fuzz.

I agree. There are a LOT of Marshall’s in there. Don’t need more... that said, I’m glad they did the Brit Trem, though. It’s the only Marshall model in there that works for me. But, going forward... yeah...no more Marshall’s (maybe a Bluesbreaker...)

right, blues breaker then just stop 

lets get some suhr bella love

I didn't feel the need for any more Marshalls either. And yet I find this latest one the best of the bunch. Interesting, too, that despite calling for no more you went to the effort of putting together this demo. What prompted you to make the demo of the model and then immediately chastise Line 6 for giving it to us? Presumably you like the model. Is it possible that they might release another one you like?

this video is part 2, part 1 was the voltage queen, cartographer, and trainwreck amp sims.

i agree on both. But you HAVE to try the new Plexi Trem. It is THAT good. That said, I still hate fuzz.

So many users, so many tastes ...

For me, there's no such thing as too many Marshalls 😉

And I love fuzz! That's where the Helix is lacking the most to me

There, I said it

And I love fuzz! That's where the Helix is lacking the most to me...

I do wonder, though... fuzz pedals are SO picky about how they are connected to the guitar... I wonder if it's one of those things that will always be a major challenge, even with auto-impedance...

I've never been much of a Marshall fan.  I love the way they sound when others play them, but generally not for me.  I would have been content with only the J45 and Plexi models. That being said, I found the Britt 2204 Mod is one of the best feeling amps in Helix.  I'd be bummed had they stopped adding in Marshalls before that one.

Although, I agree that a Friedman or two would be incredible additions.