Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XLR microphone no longer produces a signal through Studio UX2

For months now I have been running an Audio Technica AT2020 through my UX2 via an XLR cable, using Windows 10 64-bit, and everything was working great. Only recently, perhaps about a week ago now, the microphone completely stopped producing any input in Pod Farm 2. I've done multiple fresh installs of Monkey as well as all the most up to date device ans USB drivers, I've ensured the 48V button is still pushed in as it has always been, I've ensured the gain knobs are not set to 0 as they never were, I've tried different USB ports on my motherboard and case to no avail, I've ensured the UX2 is the default recording device in Windows as it always was, and of course I've ensured Mic 1 is the selected input in the mixer in Pod Farm 2.

I should also mention that absolutely nothing happened between the microphone working and not working; the microphone was never bumped or dropped as it remains out of the way on a mic arm, the cable itself is coiled neatly on top of my computer case and it is never touched, and the UX2 itself sits on top of my computer case and is never touched save for when I adjust the gain knob.

Because the microphone is producing no input whatsoever through Pod Farm 2 I'm inclined to believe it's a driver issue and not a hardware one, although I can't be sure. Oddly enough when I deactivate and reactivate the 48V boost while Pod Farm 2 is running I do get a signal as indicated by the needles on the UX2 itself, but recording from said input in Audacity to test produces only static.

I've already opened a support ticket with Line 6 but have yet to hear back from them and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

I am having the same issue. Exactly the same to the T. I am using an at2020 mic and line 6 pod farm and the mic was working just fine a day ago. It has never been dropped or had anything spilled on it and it stays on the boom arm or I put it away in its soft padded case. Yet all of a sudden I noticed that it was no longer receiving input in pod farm. It was literally working a day ago. I noticed this post is over a year old but I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue or did you just a get a new mic?

• 1 month later...

Assume you are all using Win 10.  First thing I'd try is a system restore back to before the last Win 10 update.  I've had issues with some s/w almost every time Win 10 updates.  If the system restore doesn't work, I've had to uninstall the software, then re-install it (not just update it).