Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New sounds creating on POD X3 live

robbtiss

Hello,

I'm from Germany, I hope you'll understand my problems.  :lol: 
First of all, I bought a POD X3 Live few days ago and I deleted all presets the pre-owner created, because they didn't fit to my music (Alternative Rock/Metal, style from My Chemical Romance, Muse, Placebo to Lordi, Sabaton and Ghost, little Djent sometimes). 

I want to create some new presets and I know how to do that, but it needs very long time, I think and I want to do that faster.

I just need some solo sounds, one for two, a rhythm sound with a modern Marshall-like sound (I own three Fame Studio Reverb Amps, which are kinda like a reference for my distortion sound), a not so distorted rhythm sound and a nice clean sound.

I'm slightly irritated with that dual tone option, that is always on, no matter what sound I want to have. Seriously, I don't need that feature so should I turn the volume of the second amp simulation down? I don't need stereo-effects or things like that.

Is there a quick and comfortable possibility to create sounds on my laptop (MacBook Pro) and load them on my POD X3 Live?

I have a small software package of Line6 Monkey and POD Farm free. I don't see a possibility to do something I want to do with these softwares, do I need something else, or can I only create presets on my POD X3 Live?

Thank you

Turn off Tone 2 - on the X3 Bean there is a button on the X3L there is a footswitch IIRC.

I run an older Win system for using Gearbox to edit presets for it. Don't know about the Macs but Gearbox is the editor for the X3s.