Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Logic turns off Helix monitoring

olivierJez

Hiya,

I have a weird problem that happens since i updated logic... or my system...

I am using the helix as output with headphone (got family sleeping)

Everything is fine until i launch Logic, then the helix sound is turned off. Not the playback, just the live guitar, the output from logic works, and guitar is back on monitoring when i hit record.

I tried the input monitor but it makes no difference, the live guitar output is gone, even if i turn of Logic. The only way to get it back is to reboot the helix.

I didn't have that problem before, and i don't know if the problem came with a logic update or system upgrade (el captain), or something else. I didn't made changes in the helix at that time for sure. The problem is there did it with v2.1 i have updated to v2.3 same. And is more likely to be a logic related answer.

I think, somehow, logic is sending an order to the helix to "shut up".

Any ideas how to bring back the guitar live monitoring ?

cheers

Olivier

Hiya,

It is not the Helix Native i am using, sorry if it wasn't clear. It is the helix floor pedal board.

I use headphones plugged to the helix pedal board to get the guitar and the sound from the computer (plugged via usb)

All used to be fine, and still is until i turn on Logic pro (latest version or near, i suppose. OSx el captain).

Once logic is on, no more direct guitar sound from the helix, but logic playback is passing through fine. While recording i get everything fine, guitar and tracks.

cheers

Hiya,

It is not the Helix Native i am using, sorry if it wasn't clear. It is the helix floor pedal board.

I use headphones plugged to the helix pedal board to get the guitar and the sound from the computer (plugged via usb)

All used to be fine, and still is until i turn on Logic pro (latest version or near, i suppose. OSx el captain).

Once logic is on, no more direct guitar sound from the helix, but logic playback is passing through fine. While recording i get everything fine, guitar and tracks.

cheers

On all Helix presets, or just one/more in particular?

Ok, i tried few things.

The problem in fact comes when i open or close logic audio. On all the presets.

Funnily enough if i just recall the preset on the stomp, or any other preset, i get the sound back.

As i use 1 preset for most what i record these days, i didn't realise that quicker. So this is a quick and easy work around it, but it still bugs me that it wasn't happening before.

Something happen when logic open or close, maybe related to core audio or a midi signal....

I tried without headphone using my computer speakers but there is no sound coming out in any case i tried. (yes i have selected helix as input and my line out as output) It used to work.

I can see the sound passing when i play, the input meter react to what i play, and if i open logic and record it will be recorded on the track.

It is more pointing to the computer or core audio being the trouble... I couldn't find any option in sound pref that would make it work