Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro X No Pc-sounds When Leaving The Tuner

StealthPro

Hello,

when practicing or recording i'm using my POD HD Pro X as an audio interface via the USB-Connection.

When turning off the PODs tuner, sounds coming from my PC will be no longer heard on the headphones connected to the POD. This happens not every time but quite often.

When "crashing" the POD is still selected as default Audio-Device in my Windows control center.

"Solution": i have to close all programs (it seems especially Firefox or GuitarPro when used) and turn the POD off and on.

This helps most of the time but sometimes the only thing i can do is restart the whole system to get it work again.

Selecting another audio-device and reselect the POD in the control center never helps.

When connecting my old XT Pro this won't happen.

I'm running Windows 7 64 Ultimate SP1 with the latest Line6-Drivers.

I already reinstalled the drivers but no improvement.

Anyone can help?

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile i experienced that the POD HD Pro X looses USB Sound occasionally without that i have to use(leave) the tuner, too.

Guitar sound continues playing always in those situations.

(--> = next step or result)

I'm watching a youtube video for example and it suddenly stops playing --> no more PC-Sound over the POD. 

Switching to the onboard sound in the windows control panel --> Sound is playing over the pc-soundcard. Set the POD HD as default again --> still no PC-Sounds from the POD HD.

After restarting the PC and the POD HD everything works fine again.

I did a few tests myself: When the PC-Sound over USB (POD HD) crashed, i took the usb-cable off my PC and put it into my already bootet Notebook (Windows 7 64, too / same Line6 drivers)

--> the Pro X played music over USB to my Notebook. Connecting the cable to the USB-port of my not restarted PC again there will still be no sound coming from the POD HD.

I also tried the following:

When the POD HD stopped playing sounds from my computer, i took the USB-cable off from the POD HD and plugged it into my old XT Pro

--> everything is fine. The POD XT Pro plays PC-audio. (Maybe i have to set it as default by hand, but it works immediately).

My conclusion so far: Seems like the driver of the HD Pro X crashed?!

It does happen only sporadically, so it's hard to reproduce.

I already opened a support ticket and had some correspondence with Line6 over the last weeks, but sadly they don't seem to know whats happening, so there is no solution so far.

So I tend towards sending it back within my money-back time.

It seems that another person had this problem some years ago with his HD500, it seems that there was no solution found as well.

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/75914