Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hi, New Member here - Helix on the Way

madmusicltd

Awesome! Welcome aboard. Line 6 is running a promotion (fulfilled through the resellers) for a free Helix Backpack with purchase of a Helix Floor. If your reseller didn't mention this, be sure to get one from them. This may only be in the USA.

Yes, both should be arriving Tomorrow! (a little incentive to go for the Floor) I just hope my wife is home to sign for it when it arrives!

I am hoping to be able to use it soon on some upcoming gigs, just need to get it sorted out.

I have been a long time Line 6 user, been using my POD 2.0 since that unit came out, guess it's time to retire that bad boy, (save it for my nephew).

I also spent some time accruing pedals and such, not sure how much I will be using them anymore?

I have been using the G10 wireless and liking it, it would have been nice if it worked directly with Helix, but no biggie.

Happy to say. with xmas around  I got a great deal, and the free backpack! 

Do you think it will arrive with the latest rev. software?

You will probably have to update the firmware. Instructions are here:

http://line6.com/support/topic/30507-for-those-of-you-who-might-need-a-little-help-with-the-230-update/

I suggest you do this before building any custom presets. That way you can ignore anything in the tutorial that talks about backups.

I also spent some time accruing pedals and such, not sure how much I will be using them anymore?

I have been using the G10 wireless and liking it, it would have been nice if it worked directly with Helix, but no biggie.

Do you think it will arrive with the latest rev. software?

G10 works with Helix, but you still need the base unit, not like the Spider amp where you just need the transmitter.  I made some space in a SKB case for my G10 with my Helix. 

If you purchased from Sweetwater, they usually ship with the latest firmware (currently 2.30). 

post-2402848-0-51558200-1512682209_thumb.jpg

post-2402848-0-65543400-1512682220_thumb.jpg

G10 works with Helix, but you still need the base unit, not like the Spider amp where you just need the transmitter.  I made some space in a SKB case for my G10 with my Helix. 

If you purchased from Sweetwater, they usually ship with the latest firmware (currently 2.30). 

Yes, I meant without the base unit, no biggie, I purchased it from Sam Ash, 2.30 update first on list of things to do!, should have plenty of room in the backpack to bring it along~

Congrats. on your new Helix! I've had mine for over a year now and I love it. The Helix LT wasn't an option when I ordered mine, be that as it may, I still would've opted for the full blown Helix. This "God Box" was one of the best purchases I've ever made, it's changed me as a guitar/bass player.