Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording Wont Play On Pc

Hi all,

I have a problem that i wonder if anyone knows the answer to??

I recorded a gig last night and in the panic of pack down before the stage area became a dance floor i think i forgot to press stop on the recording before turning the desk off  grrrr!!

i have put the SD card into my pc and all the files are there.  (292MB of them) all labelled correctly and .wav but they will not play.

Any ideas why this is and if there is anything i can do to fix?

Best

Nick

speak french nick ?

essaie de relancer une session d'enregistrement de 15/20 secondes avec le même setup. tu stoppes.

tu prends ensuite ta carte sd que tu charges dans ton pc et tu remplaces tes wav de ta session d'enregistrement de 15/20 secondes par ceux de la session qui a planté.

tu recharges ta carte sd et tu relances ton setup et tu essaies de lire pour voir si ça marche.

moi je procède souvent comme ça et pas de soucis, ça fonctionne !

I'm assuming you have updated your unit to the latest firmware but this was a problem even before any firmware update was available the problem being the recording was not stopped before the unit was shut down so that the tracks did not finalize and will not be able to be recovered as far as I know maybe DB or someone else at Line 6 can talk to the coding guys to come up with a program that could repair them.

I would try downloading and installing a bunch of free (or demo) audio conversion apps. These would be apps that can convert from .wav to .mp3 and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them might be able to read the file and give you usable audio up until near the unexpected end of file. Try QuickTime 7, it sometimes surprises me with the things it can do. If you want to post the file to DropBox.com and send me a link, I'll see if any of my Mac audio utilities can read it. Good luck!

• 11 months later...

I would try downloading and installing a bunch of free (or demo) audio conversion apps. These would be apps that can convert from .wav to .mp3 and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them might be able to read the file and give you usable audio up until near the unexpected end of file. Try QuickTime 7, it sometimes surprises me with the things it can do. If you want to post the file to DropBox.com and send me a link, I'll see if any of my Mac audio utilities can read it. Good luck!

I can confirm that. When I forget to stop the recording before I turn the mixer off (Sonar will not recognize the file), I use "FormatFactory", and convert my unusable file right into WAW file again in CD quality.

I've had this happen to me once, and the reason is that the mixer was powered off while recording was still happening; the wav header became corrupt and needed to be rebuilt.   I forget exactly which tools i used to do this, but a few searches should bring up what you need.