Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd Pro X Button Issue

ray268

Does anyone has a move knob (pod HD pro X)  that look likes this en moves a lot?

Yes, mine is quite movable / loose feeling too. I was thinking about opening a thread because of it. I'll take a closer look from above to compare to your picture tomorrow.

Will do... Value for dollar to me means not saving a buck to kinda sound good after much tweaking. What I will pay for, and what is worth the cost to me in value for dollar is a no nonsense good sounding tone from the factory presets in a box before I ever start having to tweak them. Ive never had this before now. The FX II has this in spades. It makes sense in a guitar players mind as to what happens knob wise, and even in using the editor. Will I tweak and add to them? Sure, but they sound pretty much right in the direction of good tones, right out of the box too. Did I mention "Scenes" ? The ability to use the same patch 8 times using buttons programmed on the midi board to call up different stomps within the same patch! No stomp dancing to get there now, and programmed right in the editor... None of the "secret world"  there either, as the maker of the box is very active about discussing and helping out others on the forums. He posts most every day and is very smart but able to come down to your level where needed to explain. We are all experts and students in one form or another there too,  as the box is so awesome it allows such an atmosphere... No Stereo to mono what ya gotta know to do things with unity gain space shuttle magic to sound good, the chain just works... Ive also got a FCB1010 midi foot controller set to adjust the wah with full heal down, turning the wah off within a second or so, and with the tones adjusted you can go toe down direction without any pitch shift bump, and sounds like the wah just "magically appears and disappears in the patch!!!  Amazing. The "Just plug into the house AND the stage at the same time stuff" works right in the editor and out of the box, and sounds killer here. No "one or the other" stuff. And Ive just "barely" scratched the surface... More later if needed... Im really impressed with the amount of player forethought that went into this box, as you might be able to tell.... Yes, Its an expensive box,  and cost about 3 times what a new HDX does. And It was worth every penny so far to me. As always YMMV. Take care Silver and Ill bop in from time to time. Tell Zap to get a day job will ya?!? ..  :D

Impreesed by the amount of player yeah that box is good no doubt BUT do you really think those players needed to BUY that box??

Nope they get it for free for some advertising..

Those players dont buy their axes or amps or strings well i dont even think they buy their clothes.

If they do use them is another question? Like Yngwie and that Crate amp he advertised in the 90:s well i can go on and on and on 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLgV0zoUik&feature=youtu.be

Is this normal? Can anybody check this.

It's the move-button that's a little too loose.

Thanx

Forgot to mention that - before i bought the Pro X i've owned the HD Pro non-X Model and i had to exchange it two times because of different manufacturing-faults.

One thing noticeable was that the navigation-stick was different between all 3 units:

• on the first unit the stick was only a little bit movable but not loose feeling (unfortunately this unit had other flaws)
  • on the second unit it was wobbling around like in your video
  • the third unit was in between (regarding the navi-stick) and i think this is like the one on my POD HD Pro X is mounted.

What i want to say is, that it seems to me getting a unit with a more or less wobbling joystick is one thing that can happen when buying a POD HD Pro (X).

I'm not happy with mine too. I think at that pricepoint this shouldn't happen and i wished they had improved this on the new model as i've already written earlier in this thread.

What other faults you had?

• The first unit had a clipping issue (i think there are some threads on the net [here ate least one too i think?]) and some dust between the lcd-panel-surface and the plastic-front
  • The second had no other flaws than this extremely wiggling/loose navi-pad. Because i knew that the one on the first unit was more sturdy/tighter i thought this has to be an issue.
  • The other flaw on the third unit was that it had scratches in the metal on top. And i don't pay the full price for something that already has scratches.

Maybe i got tough luck but it seems to me Line6 has some quality issues.

I'd be very interested what a Line6 official would comment about this issue with more or less loose Navigation-pads.

Should this really be within tolerances?

When i got a more loose one, is the longtime-reliability affected compared to one that is more tight (both right out of the factory)?

Shall we exchange till we get a tight one?

What about warranty?

Impreesed by the amount of player yeah that box is good no doubt BUT do you really think those players needed to BUY that box??

Nope they get it for free for some advertising..

Those players dont buy their axes or amps or strings well i dont even think they buy their clothes.

If they do use them is another question? Like Yngwie and that Crate amp he advertised in the 90:s well i can go on and on and on 

Do they need to buy it? maybe, maybe not... The important question is, is it in their rack? Yep....  ;)

Glad I have seen this thread. I plan on updating to the 500x - and have one on layaway. If the knob is loose I won't be buying this until they fix it. Sounds like a manufacturers defect. My old HD 400 is Solid as a Rock.

Maybe you get a good/better one - let us know.

I'm struggling with my self if i should keep mine or send it back. From my experience with the HD Pro non-X i'm a bit affraid trying to exchange the unit and get an even worse one.

So i'm leaning towards only two options: keeping or get something from a different brand.

I mean hey, it's line6 top of the line ("Pro") model with "Professional-grade construction". I expected more than (still) cheap plastic that is not even mounted correctly.

Maybe i should spend a "little" more money and buy a kemper rack profiler.

Do they need to buy it? maybe, maybe not... The important question is, is it in their rack? Yep....  ;)

I dont think you got my point!!

I am pretty sure that NOONE that ad that box is paying for it.

And of course it is in their racks hell it is a good product with studio quality effects in it.

But most people in here still think that they use it for their amp-sims (well some guitarist do that especially metal bands that play down tuned)

But the rest of the guitar heroes that uses the AXE FX only use the effects in it and not the amp-sim they have real amps for that.

And that is beacuse you get so many good effects in one box instead of having say 7 - 10 different rack units so it is much easyer especially when you concider switchin presets

• Upvote 1

I dont think you got my point!!

And of course it is in their racks hell it is a good product with studio quality effects in it.

But most people in here still think that they use it for their amp-sims (well some guitarist do that especially metal bands that play down tuned)

But the rest of the guitar heroes that uses the AXE FX only use the effects in it and not the amp-sim they have real amps for that.

And that is beacuse you get so many good effects in one box instead of having say 7 - 10 different rack units so it is much easyer especially when you concider switchin presets

Oh I got your point just fine. I don't think you got mine however.

And let me state first (if u didn't already know) that I like Line 6 products,  and have used them for years...

My honest thoughts about the famous guitar players listed on the Fractal website that support the Axe FX II is this....,

No matter who paid for the box in their rack, it wouldn't be in there if it was not the best sounding thing for their needs....

In other words, its not there to fill up their rack space... Its not fluff or filler. After using one they wanted it in there... The famous players that use this box made a decision to put it in there because it sounds so freeking good, and NOT because its for some promo freebie act of kindness toward struggling equipment design engineers.... ; )

Don't take my word for it, read their own remarks on the Fractal webpage. Unless of course you think they are all liars, its worth a read.

And its remarkable that all of them use the same box, and for good reasons as they state. And I would even go out on a limb here and make another flat statement in that even IF these same people got theirs for free (which i doubt most did), that after they heard it and used it they would then pay for it without question if needed,  to keep using it day in and day out.  My opinion is yes, Its that good....

And for me, its hard to believe after using it,  that the Axe FX II isn't one of the best things or one of the most desired guitar boxes in "any" guitarist's dream rack these days. I don't think you would find anyone (that plays these days) that wouldn't take one in their own rack if money was not the issue and they got to sit down and use one for an evening... It sells it self. I have used many boxes over 40+ years and this one is head and shoulders above the rest I have tried... As always, YMMV....  :D

Oh I got your point just fine. I don't think you got mine however.

And let me state first (if u didn't already know) that I like Line 6 products,  and have used them for years...

My honest thoughts about the famous guitar players listed on the Fractal website that support the Axe FX II is this....,

No matter who paid for the box in their rack, it wouldn't be in there if it was not the best sounding thing for their needs....

In other words, its not there to fill up their rack space... Its not fluff or filler. After using one they wanted it in there... The famous players that use this box made a decision to put it in there because it sounds so freeking good, and NOT because its for some promo freebie act of kindness toward struggling equipment design engineers.... ; )

Don't take my word for it, read their own remarks on the Fractal webpage. Unless of course you think they are all liars, its worth a read.

And its remarkable that all of them use the same box, and for good reasons as they state. And I would even go out on a limb here and make another flat statement in that even IF these same people got theirs for free (which i doubt most did), that after they heard it and used it they would then pay for it without question if needed,  to keep using it day in and day out.  My opinion is yes, Its that good....

And for me, its hard to believe after using it,  that the Axe FX II isn't one of the best things or one of the most desired guitar boxes in "any" guitarist's dream rack these days. I don't think you would find anyone (that plays these days) that wouldn't take one in their own rack if money was not the issue and they got to sit down and use one for an evening... It sells it self. I have used many boxes over 40+ years and this one is head and shoulders above the rest I have tried... As always, YMMV....  :D

Yes i already said that did you understand that or what??

But still they dont use the AMP-SIMS (exept for some metal dudes) that is what MOST PEOPLE THINK in here.

That if John Petrucci and Vai etc etc use them they use the AMP-sims.

Well they DONT!!

And read their remarks how that make me laugh then you read an INTERVIEW on a studio magazine about how MUCH they use the porduct well then it is a completely different answer then on the Fractal website.

Hey i remember malcolm youngs answer when they said that Amplitube amp sim software was on the latest studio album.. 

(I think it was on the album on some track but i cant remeber but it is a good product what was it called?)

Then you read an interview in SOS with the engineer how recorded the album he said all guitars where tracked using old marshalls and speaker boxes so they can be on full volume miced and then routed to the mixing desc then to TAPE not a DAW for that 70:s sound.

Or that Alex Lifeson only have an AXE roumor that float around before well according to some who has seen them live he still uses the H&K amps

You got to learn to NOT believe everything you read.

Vai makes no secret he say it is for effects only but still he have tons of toher sstuff aswell all his pedals are there and other effects aswell i think he replaced the old delay TC 2290 and the harmonizer with the AXE II.

Here is a good site if you want to see what famouse guiitarist have in their rigs.

http://www.premierguitar.com/topics/1561-rig-rundown

b.t.w read Guthries rig on page 2 he still is on the fractal website 

They only use the effects!!

Petrucci did however use the amp-sim Fractal made a clone of his Boogie to make demos with.

He could have used a Boss dist pedal for that purpose but as he is a guitar heroe he dont need to.

BUT he used the REAL AMP instead of the AXE when it comes to tracking later on.

So i dont get your point in answering my statement?

We all now it´s a good product 

But for most HOME users it cost to much

It´s the same with Amps hell i want a Mesa or a Buddha or a Dumble BUT i have to buy what i can afford..

Instead i have to deal with amps that i can afford like used Marshalls Blackstar Peavey VK etc etc.

Do you REALLY think that SRV payed for his Dumble?

Or Slahs for his modded Marshalls?

And when it comes to AXE i think it is like theis

The unit has tons of studio quality effects so why have 10 different units when you can have ONE that do the same as all those 10?

Thats why people have them it is NOT beacuse of the AMP-Sims as many might think hell even most of the people who run studios and had AXE before they have swithced for Kemper as it has better AMP-Sims except for some people that dont want to admit it..

But still the AXE have better effects

Anyway i can understand your hype and glory nowadays but i assure in maybe two or three years or so something NEW has arrived and then all the BIG GUNS have left AXE and went for that.

Thats how it goes in this buissiness thats why i admire people who never change things like Robin Trower and Steve Howe to name only two.

You see they still have the same stuff they had in the 70:s they sounded GREAT back then they sound great now.

• Upvote 1

Amp sims... You mean like amp modeling?  ;)

So you are claiming that I should not believe everything I read,  when you make several references on what you read?

How do you determine who's not right in this, by hereditary analism?

And I don't "got" to do anything, as you put it. Im satisfied with the tones from that wicked expensive new thing you seem to fear so much.  :P

In fact the Line 6 gear is new too. Are you afraid of it as well...? I used 40+ years of experience to pick what I wanted to use.

No one hoodwinked me in to any belief that the Axe FX II sounds good. It just does, in spades.

And yes, we all "know" its a good product so why are you so angry Im using it, and liking it?

I cant understand that mindset of negativity you have with the unit or me, as to why it would bother you so...?

It has tones to die for and if that statement upsets you,  then take more meds or something... Cause truth is truth.

The rest? As in every last one on EARTH? Really? lol....

And if the effects in the FX II was used by some of them in a rack that tours the WORLD,  thats a plus isn't it?

The box does have outstanding effects in it too, so its very possible that they also use the effects in it along with their other gear.

Thats ok too, right? I mean along with the excellent amps and cab IR's in it, its ok to also have "world class" effects in it too?

Good..... Im glad they use it in whatever they wish to since they paid for it. Just like I will... :)

Oh yes, you also stated earlier that the star players listed on the Fractal site didn't buy their own Axe FX II. You're dead wrong.

Read the post at the Fractal site where I ask the "owner and maker" of the Axe FX II if the famous players who are listed there bought their FX II, or not....

You will see where you are incorrect about that.. Per the equipment maker and owner of the business, they bought their own Axe FX II's. No gimmies...

How it is used of course is up to them at that point, and that is ok too isn't it? 

And I don't understand why you want to argue the point about what "I" think about the FX II ?

Am I under some agenda here to be fair and balanced according to your ideas on how good this box is for all of us?  

Cant I have an opinion here about what sounds good to me, even if it is expensive too?

Or do I need to satisfy those who can't afford the box by not claiming how good it is, else its a bad sign?  ;)

Jeeezzz...

But for most HOME users it cost to much

According to what source? The same musicians that have everything given to them according to you?

Yea it costs a lot, and its worth my $$... Sorry about that. It sounds great to me, and many others too. Thats fact...

It seem you wouldnt like it because it cost too much and its too new to be any good, or some such nonsense...

Terrible reasons in my opinion, but hey thats all right too.. Besides, too expensive for home use depends on the buyer, doesn't it?

I mean this isn't "O"Gibson care is it? Has to be cheap for the masses before its worth having? Come on...

Nothing wrong with freebees every now and then, but you make it sound like you think all the great players were in reality dead beats that

got all their gear given to them all the time? I don't believe that at all cause its just not the case. I have a hard time believing anyone does. 

So Ramble on I guess. You can have the last word here... Im done.

Enjoy your old equipment. 

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased the POD HD 500x - upgraded from the HD 400. I love the unit all in all, but unfortunately I have to report the same thing with the ENTER/MOVE button - a terrible design. The switch is way too lose... a definite manufactures defect. Does LINE 6 have a fix in plan for these units? Or an update in the works. I could never go back to an original generation HD unit - the POD EDIT software for the 500 is by far superior to the 400.
Anyone from Line 6 please feel free to respond to this post. I have also recently purchased the DT-50 - love your products but definitely disappointed with that switch on the HD 500x.

... but unfortunately I have to report the same thing with the ENTER/MOVE button - a terrible design. The switch is way too lose... a definite manufactures defect. ...

Do you really mean the Enter/Move-Button or the navigation disc? I think we we're talking bout loose navigation discs.

But i have to say i checked two HD500X units in a store and one of them had a terrible loose "Enter-/Move-button&Nav-disc"-unit.

As with the nav-disc with on the Pro-models it seems to be hit or miss.

I would try to exchange the whole unit if that's possible.

btw. the enter and move button do move a little bit from left and right when i press the navigation-button from left to right (and the other way) on my HD Pro X, too.

But really a little bit, nothing compared to the one HD500X i've seen in store.

• 2 weeks later...

Electronically, the unit appears to function and produces good tonal effects, but the 4-way Nav disc is loose as a goose.  Another issue is that the USB jack does not securely hold the USB cable, thus it intermittently looses its connection to a host computer when the cable is moved. These two mechanical issues are indicative of a manufacturing defect and poor QC.  I've contacted my reseller and will update here with a follow-up post.  I know the AXE FX is 3X the $$$, but it's made in the USA and is built to higher manufacturing standards.  Oh, the pain of a tone junkie.

Electronically, the unit appears to function and produces good tonal effects, but the 4-way Nav disc is loose as a goose.  Another issue is that the USB jack does not securely hold the USB cable, thus it intermittently looses its connection to a host computer when the cable is moved. These two mechanical issues are indicative of a manufacturing defect and poor QC.  I've contacted my reseller and will update here with a follow-up post.  I know the AXE FX is 3X the $$$, but it's made in the USA and is built to higher manufacturing standards.  Oh, the pain of a tone junkie.

I'm with you.

Besides a loose 4-way navigation disc on 2 of 3 HD Pros and on one HD Pro X i had, the thing about USB-Jack was something i recognized, too.

An all units it didn't snapped to hold the usb-plug as strong and secure as the one on my old XT Pro for example.

Quality really let down with the HD Pro (X).

That being said:

• the used Displays are really a joke. These ones are really cheap ones. But ok, maybe they think people should prefer the pc-software. But still, it remains a cheap and low quality display (especially in 2013).
  • i suppose the digital encoders underneath the display won't last that long when used often.
  • An all units - some of the "amp"-pots were mounted uneven and some were rubbing against the front panel at some positions, especially when fully turned around with one finger.

I'd really love to own one of these and i gave them more than one try, but at a 740€ pricepoint here in germany, i really expect at least a bit of quality.

And i think they could have spent some better knobs and pots considering the extra charge we pay for the Pro-Model which i think is even cheaper in production for Line6 than the HD500 (less material, no  footswitches and no pedal).

Maybe i'll give it one last try or get an eleven rack, kemper or an axe-fx.

I returned the HD Pro X to the reseller.  I agreed to a swap if they can verify the unit doesn't have these two manufacturing defects and the unit functions.  Since the reseller updates the firmware and loads additional custom presets, it makes sense that they can pull a unit to inspect it for defects prior to shipping me a 2nd HD Pro X.  I'm assuming they weren't aware that the flimsy 4-way nav button is a hot topic on this forum so I pointed them here. Like others have said, at this price point the HD Pro X ought to be a flagship product.  I'll post yet another update if and when I receive unit #2.  I'm not holding my breath though, as I believe these two defects are not flukes but are inexcusable design flaws.

I'm with you.

Besides a loose 4-way navigation disc on 2 of 3 HD Pros and on one HD Pro X i had, the thing about USB-Jack was something i recognized, too.

An all units it didn't snapped to hold the usb-plug as strong and secure as the one on my old XT Pro for example.

Quality really let down with the HD Pro (X).

That being said:

• the used Displays are really a joke. These ones are really cheap ones. But ok, maybe they think people should prefer the pc-software. But still, it remains a cheap and low quality display (especially in 2013).
  • i suppose the digital encoders underneath the display won't last that long when used often.
  • An all units - some of the "amp"-pots were mounted uneven and some were rubbing against the front panel at some positions, especially when fully turned around with one finger.

I'd really love to own one of these and i gave them more than one try, but at a 740€ pricepoint here in germany, i really expect at least a bit of quality.

And i think they could have spent some better knobs and pots considering the extra charge we pay for the Pro-Model which i think is even cheaper in production for Line6 than the HD500 (less material, no  footswitches and no pedal).

Maybe i'll give it one last try or get an eleven rack, kemper or an axe-fx.

If the 2nd HD Pro X I receive has these two issues, I'm calling it quits with this make and model. That flimsy 4-way nav button and loose-fitting USB jack just rips me the wrong way.  I'll sell a gallon of my blood and bite the bullet on an Axe-Fx II.

really?! i have the pro x... and i don't get the complaints... 

the button works fine... that and i'm far more willing to accept that you might have a lower quality usb cable... 

move on if that's what you need to do.... but damn silly thing to get worked up about... in my personal opinion. (which does not represent any official line6 opinion on the matter)

For me, i can say i did try different usb-cables (including one out of a line6 box). (I don't know if Kenny tried different cables, too.)

Otherwise - surprisingly (as i wrote) the old XT Pro had no problems and snaps all the usb-plugs really well.

We are talking about a POD above 700 euros. We pay a premium extra charge compared to the normal bean and line6 is promoting the Pro with "Professional-grade construction".

So hey, then i think it is "damn silly" to accept loose or even hanging knobs / cheap components at that point.

exactly how robust would a knob that gets used in that manner be?

i mean it has nothing to do with performance...

the unit is rack mounted in a studio desk or backline and it's just not something that gets used aggressively in the least...

if its that big of a deal to you, then it's that big of a deal to you...

i just disagree, and cannot relate to your outrage at all...

could it be better or different? sure... couldn't everything?

So hey, then i think it is "damn silly" to accept loose or even hanging knobs / cheap components at that point.

move on if that's what you need to do.... but damn silly thing to get worked up about... in my personal opinion. (which does not represent any official line6 opinion on the matter)

I just used the words "damy silly" cause of this statement from you, as i was not excited bout the choice of words.

Maybe i translated those words wrong in this context, so i felt offended.

If so than i excuse myself.

exactly how robust would a knob that gets used in that manner be?

i mean it has nothing to do with performance...

the unit is rack mounted in a studio desk or backline and it's just not something that gets used aggressively in the least...

if its that big of a deal to you, then it's that big of a deal to you...

i just disagree, and cannot relate to your outrage at all...

could it be better or different? sure... couldn't everything?

I think a knob should'nt be loose or hanging down on a new unit straight out the box, especially when i know from my own experience, that there are HD Pro units out there, where it is ok.

You asked if it could be better or different? I know that it can be better, if you get a good one.

And again, we are talking about the 700€+ POD-Model with "Professional-grade construction", to me that includes the operating controls.

btw. e. g. the knobs on my nearly 20 years old Boss-rack-units still, after all these years, feel much more convenient and are showing no signs of age.

But i don't have to get so far - my old POD XT Pro feels better too - no quality issues after all these years.

I know Line6 can do better.

There is a wide spread in quality. If i had the chance to get a Pro X with a navigation disc well mounted as on my first (out of 3) HD Pro, but without giving a clipping high gain sound as this first HD Pro (sadly) did, a display without dirt-inclusions (POD HD #1 had this problem) and without dropping pc-audio occasionally (again Pro X), i really had been happy.

As you can see with the number of units i tried, i really wanted a POD HD Pro (X).

I'm more talking bout quality not performance. But i have to say, i worried about the longterm-stability / how much use (not abuse) one of those factory-default-loose-knobs will stand compared to the correctly mounted ones.

The starter of this thread exchanged his unit and got a better one, so hey there seems to be a quite large spread in quality and with that i think Line6' quality-control has a problem these days.

I don't know if you are getting paid by Line6 for writing in this forum or if you are just a great fan of Line6 and so received your awards, but if someone

who is awarded as a Line6expert with Line6-logo in a Line6forum writes as if there is not a problem at all, i as a customer and someone who takes the time trying to get a flawless unit, the time to write these things down here and exchange with the official support, just don't feel taken serious.

But for critisizing a product, an official support forum seems to be the wrong place most of the time.

That being said, i really appreciate the fact, that this thread still exists on an official manufacturer forum.

again if it matters that much to you make some exchanges or whatever with the retailer and get one you're happy with.

I just think we're making a big deal out of something that has not had an impact on the operation of the unit.

that's my opinion... and i included it here for a little balance...

you obviously have a different opinion and stated it here as well.

it's perfectly within your rights to have it exchanged or repaired while under warranty

and i'd encourage you to do so...

but to frame this as some sort of epic fail is just ridiculous.. (again in my unpaid,unofficial, private, personal opinion)

i don't understand why you haven't just got your replacement and moved on...

noone official at line6 will respond to this forum post...

and if you're trying to prompt a response...

pursue this other venue: http://line6.com/company/contact/

I just used the words "damy silly" cause of this statement from you, as i was not excited bout the choice of words.

Maybe i translated those words wrong in this context, so i felt offended.

If so than i excuse myself.

I think a knob should'nt be loose or hanging down on a new unit straight out the box, especially when i know from my own experience, that there are HD Pro units out there, where it is ok.

You asked if it could be better or different? I know that it can be better, if you get a good one.

And again, we are talking about the 700€+ POD-Model with "Professional-grade construction", to me that includes the operating controls.

btw. e. g. the knobs on my nearly 20 years old Boss-rack-units still, after all these years, feel much more convenient and are showing no signs of age.

But i don't have to get so far - my old POD XT Pro feels better too - no quality issues after all these years.

I know Line6 can do better.

There is a wide spread in quality. If i had the chance to get a Pro X with a navigation disc well mounted as on my first (out of 3) HD Pro, but without giving a clipping high gain sound as this first HD Pro (sadly) did, a display without dirt-inclusions (POD HD #1 had this problem) and without dropping pc-audio occasionally (again Pro X), i really had been happy.

As you can see with the number of units i tried, i really wanted a POD HD Pro (X).

I'm more talking bout quality not performance. But i have to say, i worried about the longterm-stability / how much use (not abuse) one of those factory-default-loose-knobs will stand compared to the correctly mounted ones.

The starter of this thread exchanged his unit and got a better one, so hey there seems to be a quite large spread in quality and with that i think Line6' quality-control has a problem these days.

I don't know if you are getting paid by Line6 for writing in this forum or if you are just a great fan of Line6 and so received your awards, but if someone

who is awarded as a Line6expert with Line6-logo in a Line6forum writes as if there is not a problem at all, i as a customer and someone who takes the time trying to get a flawless unit, the time to write these things down here and exchange with the official support, just don't feel taken serious.

But for critisizing a product, an official support forum seems to be the wrong place most of the time.

That being said, i really appreciate the fact, that this thread still exists on an official manufacturer forum.

In defense of StealthPro, I feel compelled to back him up with regards to quality, after all these units are made in China. However, not all things made in China are of poor quality, i.e., Apple products are made in China but Apple enforces strict QA and QC manufacturing policies. Quality means something around the world where a well-made device is appreciated.  One would expect to see quality when letting $700 USD fly out of one's wallet. The 4-way nav button on the first unit I received was so loose that it took several attempts to get it to click. The USB cable was not defective as I used it on other USB devices. The USB jack merely lacks the depth to securely accept the plug end of the cable. I find these two issues unacceptable. Did the unit function? Yes, but not consistently. Does newspaper work? Yes, but I prefer soft toilet tissue. Most people desire quality, and the Pro X is an example of how a cheap $0.95 switch in a $700 product can engender controversy and critical thought. I hope my reseller finds a better unit in their inventory, because I do like the tonal quality of the HD Pro X. At the end of the day, those of us who desire quality over mediocrity will have to make the appropriate choice, which is our prerogative. I believe this thread for the most part has illuminated a few concerns about quality control and component specification in the HD Pro X, and that's a good thing.

• Upvote 1