Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk 1500/Variax JTV-89F Additions?

jwlehman1

• 4 weeks later...

Should be able to cover a large amount of sound with that gear. I have the same gear except I use the Firehawk with my Helix and a G70 for the wireless set up for my other guitars.

Thank you for the reply. What percent of the Helix sounds are contained in the 1500? Is the signal design more robust in the Helix compared to the 1500 (using the Firehawk 1500 ipad App)?

Helix allows you up to four separate paths unlike the single one for the Firehawk. The Helix is on a another level compare to the Firehawk. I dig the Firehawk, specially with the app approach, but my helix is one of my favourite pieces of music tech that I have.

• Upvote 1

Helix allows you up to four separate paths unlike the single one for the Firehawk. The Helix is on a another level compare to the Firehawk. I dig the Firehawk, specially with the app approach, but my helix is one of my favourite pieces of music tech that I have.

From what I've read, I thought so...I am going to add the Helix of my gear very soon. What's your favorite configuration with a variax, firehawk, and the Helix, or with just a variax and the Helix?

I run my helix with the XLR going into the monitors and a left 1/4†out into the Guitar in of the Firehawk, as for my JTV89 I plug that into helix variax input. If I want to use the firehawks presets or effects I just make a blank preset and adjust the Firehawk app to whatever I want to try or add to the helix.

• 3 weeks later...

I own a FH1500 and a Helix. The FH sounds just as good as Helix. There... I said it. Just my opinion, of course.

The advantages of the Helix over the FH1500 are:

1) IRs provide more variety of sounds in Helix.

2) Helix is so easy to navigate.

3) Helix plus my Alto TS112 speaker are much lighter for bringing to gigs than the 1500.

4) I can edit Helix on my Windows laptop. I am stuck using the fairly clunky phone app for the 1500.

5) More complex routing available on Helix.

YMMV.