Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to save tunings

Anyone know how to save alternate tunings from the models knob to the tuning knob from Workbench HD?

I can only find instructions on how to do it directly on the guitar.

I have several tunings applied to models that I want to transfer to work globally. I've named and saved them in the Manage dialog box, but can't  find any way to save them to the tuning knob. I could save them manually, but I'd like to know for future models. (I hope I've made this understandable)

Another thing: Is there a way to view what's programmed into the alt tuning knob?

• 8 months later...

I would also like to second this.

It is really frustrating me. I want Drop D as a global setting or manage them in another way. I can also change this on my helix but again, its not a global setting thats easily managable... 

4 hours ago, Kedhrin said:

I would also like to second this.

It is really frustrating me. I want Drop D as a global setting or manage them in another way. I can also change this on my helix but again, its not a global setting thats easily managable... 

Not sure what you mean... if you set the alt tune knob to drop D, then that's what you're gonna get, no matter what model is selected. That's as "global" as it gets. Or set Helix to force drop D, then you can don't have to touch the knob at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Manage allows you to rename them and place/remove them to an alt-tune bank. Save lets you save a new tuning with a name (to be used in Manage), but does not save it to a file. Having had much more experience at this point, the only way I've been able to successfully save them is with an entire bundle (.bun) file.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:13 PM, Nicky-T said:

Anyone know how to save alternate tunings from the models knob to the tuning knob from Workbench HD?

I can only find instructions on how to do it directly on the guitar.

I have several tunings applied to models that I want to transfer to work globally. I've named and saved them in the Manage dialog box, but can't  find any way to save them to the tuning knob. I could save them manually, but I'd like to know for future models. (I hope I've made this understandable)

Another thing: Is there a way to view what's programmed into the alt tuning knob?

Looking back, even I can't understand what I am asking!

At the time, I had some models saved into the Custom banks with alternate tunings. I must have wanted to apply one of these directly into the alt tunings knob. Still don't know how I would do this, but  I recreated them as global options.

Obviously, I can see the tunings in the alt-tunings knob in Manage.

I have made it a practice to save an entire bundle whenever I add or move a tuning. Still wish I could save tunings in a separate file.

Another issue I've come across is a bundle applied will show the names you may have altered for individual models, and banks that are applied by importing from the menu also do this. But (as I recall, anyway), a drag-and-drop on a bundle reverts to the default names (T-Model, etc.), but the models are intact. As a consequence, I now import banks from the menu options.