Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

firmware issue?

diverkev

I just got my Amplifi 75 and was looking forward a plug and play experience. So much for that idea. I have now bought the lead for updating the amps firmware and completed that but I am now being told that my android phone is old and the firmware in that will not run the remote app. The app has loaded and I can move the sliders and choose equipment but nothing affects how the guitar sounds through the amp.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I have been told by the supplier that I need to get a new phone, this is another expense that I did not expect.

Don't mean to sound insulting, but are you able to connect to the amplifi via bluetooth? You didn't mention that.

Given that the app seems to be working, that could be a reason why your changes are not reflected in the sound output. If that's not the case, you should probably just accept that your phone's O/S version isn't up to the task. Not much you can do about it aside from replacing the phone, if you're not able to update it to a supported version.

Thanks for the reply.

I have now confirmed that it is my phone which needs to be updated. I am disappointed that these things were not mentioned in the marketing blurb. This has now become a very expensive new purchase. I have now found that I can use the amp by side loading the Amplifi app through my Kindle fire.

Device support can be tricky, especially when it comes to 'mature' devices. In your case, it was an older phone that presented a problem. But the amplifi series is also a mature technology, and there's a danger that upcoming versions of iOS and android may not be compatible, at a time when Line 6 has stopped supporting amplifi with app updates that work with the new operating systems.

Ouch!!!! :o

Hope all goes well with your Kindle Fire!

• 2 weeks later...

These updates are ineffective hard to figure out.  I am selling my Amplifi rig to someone who wants to spend their Saturday updating software as opposed to playing.  I have spent hours lollipop with this system and its not working still.  I hate it. 

As you've no doubt seen here in the forum, they can be frustrating beasts. We feel your pain. Good luck with whatever you choose to replace it with!