Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500x Looper output to second amp

rajchelmusic

Hello,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to route the recorded loop to a second amp (to free up the main amp for soloing)? For example, if current setup has input/output on the left channel only, is it possible to have the loop output on the right channel into the second amp.

Thanks!

M

Thank you, hurghanico! I appreciate the quick feedback.

One follow-up question, in the setup you described, would the second amp be connect through the right unbalanced output and right fx return on the POD? (If the main amp is using the left output/ fx return and fx send)

Either way, I will play around with the setup you described and share my results.

Thank you for the follow up. I should have mentioned that I was using the 4cm, since I would really like to use the real amp sound for the main amp. In either case, the information you have provided is still very useful as I continue to mess around with the equipment I have.

In my imagination, I would have liked to achieve a situation where the loop is recorded on the main amp and sent to an external amp (either an identical copy with effects, etc., or an unprocessed raw signal to be processed seperately by the external amp [like having the looper in the pre position). Ideally, i would have liked the POD Looper to have separate pan settings for the playback (or something like that) to have the playback be on the right channel (which would then go into the second amp). I guess I could do this with a seperate looper, but then the PODs looper (which I like the convenience of) would go to waste, and it would be hard to justify purchasing a separate one.

Maybe I will forego this idea and instead focus on getting some cool stereo effects with my two amps for things like delay effects, etc..

Ramble ramble ramble...

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks, hurghanico.

That is a good point about using the preamp models from the POD. I know they are good, but was getting stuck on using the amp's "all tube" preamp; however, in reality, it is possible the POD's models might actually sound better at the end of the day (and is really a big feature one pays for by purchasing the POD in the first place). Either way, I have lots of options to explore, which is awesome!