Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Transposing/downtuning in Helix - Digitech Drop-like

stanwas

DigiTech's Drop does polyphonic pitch shifting, which Helix doesn't currently have. Try assigning a Pitch/Synth > Simple Pitch block to a momentary footswitch.

Perhaps the most enlightening portion of DI's post is what I have emphasized in Bold Italics.

DI typically selects his words carefully. Nonetheless, he has been known to fan the fire. Polyphonic Helix capabilities have been a frequent request on IdeaScale and have been mentioned in plenty of discussions on the various Helix forums. Time will tell. In the meanwhile (before 2.4 or 3.0 arrive), why not be optimistic?

• Upvote 1

Nice cover DI! :) Ah, yes! With the nearly endless adjectives describing sounds tones, who is to say that nobody has ever depicted what they are trying to get tone wise out of a Helix Preset configuration is as smooth, rich, robust, and almost a coffee-like creamy cappucino/latte tone. ;)

I'm comfortable letting my optimism persist, to see what Helix 2018 brings....

• 2 years later...

Pitch Whammy does fine on single note riffs, but sadly you need The Drop in a loop for chords. I do have one, but then you need to adjust The Drop for different intervals and it is a pain to remember at a show.