Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dreaming of my dream rig....

I'm making progress on building my dream rig....  I've got a Variax, we're getting a SoundSource L2M for a stage monitor, and I'm working on getting a Helix or an LT very soon.  Here's my question to see if this is the right type of setup:  I'm thinking of running the Variax into the Helix via the digital cable, then use the L6 link to connect to the l2m.  Then xlr out from the l2m to the FOH.  That way I could use the l2m as a monitor for myself, but is that correct to run from there to the FOH or should I run from the Helix to the FOH?   Does that color or affect my sound at all as it's fed to the board?  We also have a monitor feed that comes back up to the stage, so I'm assuming I could feed that into the l2m to be able to hear the rest of the band....  does that sound correct also?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

I've done both ways: Helix, L6 link to L2M, then out to FOH, or Helix L6 to my L2 and xlr to FOH. Both have worked great, no discernible difference in sound. I find myself most often running L6 to my L2m and then xlr from Helix to FOH, but both work fine.