Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A request to Line 6: please make new presets FW 2.30 downloadable

LutherDeLorme

When you install 2.3 and restore backups, be sure to not restore Factory 1 and Factory 2 presets, then you will have the new 2.3 version. If you leave Factory 1 and Factory 2 chosen to restore, it restores what you previously had backed up from the previous version. 

When you install 2.3 and restore backups, be sure to not restore Factory 1 and Factory 2 presets, then you will have the new 2.3 version. If you leave Factory 1 and Factory 2 chosen to restore, it restores what you previously had backed up from the previous version. 

Yeah but the OP is right. You should just be able to grab them...and i think you can somewhere?

He may already have installed 2.30 and not feel like messing with it, and doesnt want to take the chance on a bad (re) install. I get it. 

@jbuhajla

Well, I didn’t want to make my initial question too long, but I’ve been there. Two days ago I upgraded to 2.30 and I was aware of the issue and I have searched for new presets directly after the upgrade (so I didn’t restore my backup immediately). I couldn’t find any new presets!!!......I only saw my presets and preset listnames in the screen of my LT......So I then restored my backup (according to the procedure).

I just want what I request in my initial post. A debate about what I (or Line 6 - see below(1) )might have done wrong isn’t going to help me cause I am not really willing to downgrade and upgrade again, and probably come to the same conclusion that I can’t find new presets. My presetlist 1 and 2 are Freman presetlists, my presetlist 8 is factory 1. I could try to not restore presetlist 1 and 2 but in the device itself they are called (before restoring, just after upgrading) Freman 1 and 2, it would be a miracle that the name of the list is different then the content (in my opinion). I feel a bit grumpy about the whole issue cause I have spend a lot of time on it during and after upgrading, I was aware about a possible overwriting during restoring, but I only saw the names of my presetlists just after upgrading, etc, etc, etc.

(1) Not really a great manual from Line 6 which implies overwriting their own factory presets....somebody else mentioned this already somewhere...but even though I was aware of that it still didn’t result in finding the presets, and the ‘not restoring Factory 1 and 2 workaround’ doesn’t work for me.

BUT...as said....a debate about all this stuff isn’t really helping me :) I just want the presets :)

I think there are a few new factory presets that feature the new amps, but I have not verified that. I think there was another thread about the 2.3 presets that someone did verify them. They may have even attached the files. I can't quite remember. 

I do agree that for those that want the presets, a zip file with all the factory presets from Line 6 would be welcomed. 

Hi all,

I have the same problem here ! i have put the new firmware on the Helix and reistalled all my presets on the Helix and left the factory presets off.

I still cannot see/find the new Amps, Distortion, Modulation ect on the Helix !

Any Help would be great !

Thanks Nick

Exactly - the new presents are in the firmware: backup your set lists, do the factory reset (7+8) then selectively restore you set lists

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/helix-reset-procedures-and-troubleshooting-tricks-r768

Thank you!! Yes, this solves my problem. I just did the reboot with footswitches 7+8 pressed down, and there they are. Weird I definitely didn’t saw them when I did the upgrade a few days ago. Problem solved. Thanks!