Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replicating traditional Stereo amp setup with Helix - help please!

SD123

Please can someone help?! 

Having built up a great sounding stereo rig using 2 amps and a series of pedals through FX loops etc, I am now trying to get this working with my new Helix - the problem i am finding is that the H9s etc don't sound great through any of the current FX loop configs I have tried myself and would love to see if anyone else has had more luck than me...

Can people suggest the best way to set up a patch (or share their example patch with me somehow) which means i can leave my amps at home finally, and use my Helix to run the same setup with the FX loop sounding great?! See attached file for high-level example of what i am currently lugging around...

Thanks

post-2596519-0-03562800-1513195526_thumb.jpg

I would check the output settings of the FX loops in global settings and see what your pedals respond to better (instrument vs line). As far as signal change order goes this is the way I would set it up (other people might set it up differently)  Guitar input -> FX used before preamp -> Amp model (not preamp model or amp +cab model) -> Stereo FX Loop1 -> Stereo FX loop 2 (unless you are running them through the same FX Loop together) -> Reverb models -> Dual Cab model

I would check the output settings of the FX loops in global settings and see what your pedals respond to better (instrument vs line). As far as signal change order goes this is the way I would set it up (other people might set it up differently)  Guitar input -> FX used before preamp -> Amp model (not preamp model or amp +cab model) -> Stereo FX Loop1 -> Stereo FX loop 2 (unless you are running them through the same FX Loop together) -> Reverb models -> Dual Cab model

Thanks - i will try and give it a go later on today if i can find some time!! Will let you know how i get on...

Simon

Still struggling with this - any chance you know of a working patch i could use to test this with? Thanks in advance!