Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

need "copy all blocks" !

pressthe6

been WAITING for a "copy all blocks" option for presets.  that way I can have my 2nd input set for vocals and just copy that string into whatever guitar preset I have.  copying block by block between presets is TERRIBLE!

(just a suggestion :-)

Save a template preset with your vocal settings. Use that as a starting point for any other presets you build that you want your vocal setup in. 

I have saved many different "template" presets that I use as a starting point for various applications. 

There's no Copy All Blocks function because that's what saving a preset into a different location does:

• Press SAVE.
  • Turn Knob 5 (Destination) to select a different preset location and press SAVE again.

I think he's looking for a copy all the blocks in a path option. So if his perfect guitar sound is on one path and his mic on the other, he can just copy the Mic path and put it in a patch that already has something in the first path that he wants the exact same mic blocks in the second path. Does that make sense?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

the problem with saving templates or just saving as a new destination is that eventually you have to start from scratch with one path or the other.  if you like a factory preset and just want to add your vocal path, no other way than copy block by block.  kinda time consuming.  seems like with the power under the hood of the helix, this could be an easy add.  but what do I know.  thanks for the replies tho!

• Upvote 1

I think he's looking for a copy all the blocks in a path option. So if his perfect guitar sound is on one path and his mic on the other, he can just copy the Mic path and put it in a patch that already has something in the first path that he wants the exact same mic blocks in the second path. Does that make sense?

exactamundo!

• Upvote 1

Copy multiple blocks. Not a path. Just the blocks you want...and if that happens to be an entire path, well then yes.

Control click to highlight more than one block, then copy. I cant count the number of times ive had a delay chorus and verb setting i wanted to copy to another preset. Just wanting to copy the fx of one preset to another. It can be a bit  time consuming.  

• Upvote 1

What DI said. 

What brue58ski said :)

• Upvote 1

Copy multiple blocks. Not a path. Just the blocks you want...and if that happens to be an entire path, well then yes.

Control click to highlight more than one block, then copy. I cant count the number of times ive had a delay chorus and verb setting i wanted to copy to another preset. Just wanting to copy the fx of one preset to another. It can be a bit time consuming.

To follow the trend.... What willjrock said.

• Like 1

Control click to highlight more than one block, then copy. I cant count the number of times ive had a delay chorus and verb setting i wanted to copy to another preset. Just wanting to copy the fx of one preset to another. It can be a bit  time consuming.  

on HX edit, I can't select more than one block using shift, crtl, or alt.  only one block stays selected.  am I missing something? (on win10)

on HX edit, I can't select more than one block using shift, crtl, or alt. only one block stays selected. am I missing something? (on win10)

willjrock is saying it would be nice to be able to copy multiple blocks, refining the idea of copying a full path. I think.

• Upvote 1

The Pod X3 series had a great feature that I have missed ever since. It's called Lock Tone 2. It behaved sorta like the 'copy path' proposed here except you didn't have to actually copy/paste anything. It simply retained the current Tone 2 while you switched to other presets. So you could have a vocal setting in Tone 2 that was retained while you change your guitar settings using Tone 1 at any time by switching presets. It was great for a guitar/vocal performer.

In Helix it would be called a Lock Path B setting. It would be up to the user to configure complementary presets using Path A for different guitar processing. The advantage is that there would be no copy/paste operation between presets to maintain the same vocal tone, hence no need to update many presets when you want to tweak you vocal tone. Just tweak your one vocal tone and keep the device Locked to that tone in Path B.

Of course, at any time you could Unlock Path B and switch to non-complementary presets that use a full dual-path configuration for guitar processing. For instance, for solo acoustic guitar singing and playing you could have a separate setlist with complemetary Path A acoustic/electric presets + one Path B vocal preset. Then when playing electric guitar with your band you would use different setlists.

on HX edit, I can't select more than one block using shift, crtl, or alt.  only one block stays selected.  am I missing something? (on win10)

Not sure if the first two parts of your post were supposed to be questions or not....but no thats exactly what i said, Helix does not allow you to control click (highlight) a set of blocks. It will only allow a user to highlight one block at a time. 

willjrock is saying it would be nice to be able to copy multiple blocks, refining the idea of copying a full path. I think.

Exactly. Often i think "man these fx would sound good on my Witchburner preset"....and quite often i'll have 4 blocks in my fx chain....say two mono flangers, a delay, and a reverb. You can only imagine what kind of effort goes into getting those 4 effects from point A in one preset to point B in another preset. If those 4 blocks could be highlighted, copied, pasted, at once....ive always thought that would be a help.

My point here though is, you should be able to copy whatever blocks you want. Not simply ALL or ONE.

I know you get it Joe. Just figured id clarify for the next guy.

• Upvote 1

so we're all agreed that it WOULD BE a no-brainer addon.  hopefully the gurus at line6 agree.  happy holidays everyone!  go vote on ideascale!

I hate to be the one negative voice here, but I do see a bit of an issue that would make it a bit more than a "no-brainer".

Although multiple select in HX Edit would be an easy thing to implement via CNTL or SHIFT key selections, there's no comparable multi-select on the Helix hardware side.  This becomes an issue in that HX Edit is nothing more than a fancy interface to the functional logic in the Helix hardware, so in order to do this it would first have to be implemented via some form of functional button or dial equivalent on the Helix itself so it could be called from HX Edit.

I hate to be the one negative voice here, but I do see a bit of an issue that would make it a bit more than a "no-brainer".

Although multiple select in HX Edit would be an easy thing to implement via CNTL or SHIFT key selections, there's no comparable multi-select on the Helix hardware side.  This becomes an issue in that HX Edit is nothing more than a fancy interface to the functional logic in the Helix hardware, so in order to do this it would first have to be implemented via some form of functional button or dial equivalent on the Helix itself so it could be called from HX Edit.

You could add it to the "Action" button.  Hit that button and select "Copy Path", choose the Path to copy, and then select "Paste to Path" to either paste it on the secondary path in the same preset or, and this is what would be more useful for me, go to another preset and be able to hit the "Action"button again, select "Paste to Path", select the path and hit "OK" in that new preset.

You could add it to the "Action" button.  Hit that button and select "Copy Path", choose the Path to copy, and then select "Paste to Path" to either paste it on the secondary path in the same preset or, and this is what would be more useful for me, go to another preset and be able to hit the "Action"button again, select "Paste to Path", select the path and hit "OK" in that new preset.

There's no doubt it could be done, but it does require an update to the Helix itself which currently has no facilities for multiple select.  They could probably facilitate a copy path function pretty easily, but that's a bit different than copying multiple blocks as you would normally do with a <SHIFT> or <CTL> select as in Windows or on a Mac.

I'd like to be able to save settings in the list of amps, effects, and cabs.

If I get a delay tweaked out perfectly...it would be nice to be able to "save" it in the list of delays as "My Delay" so I could just choose it when creating a new preset (talking about hardware, not the editor).

Same thing with amp settings.

• Upvote 1

There's no doubt it could be done, but it does require an update to the Helix itself which currently has no facilities for multiple select. They could probably facilitate a copy path function pretty easily, but that's a bit different than copying multiple blocks as you would normally do with a <SHIFT> or <CTL> select as in Windows or on a Mac.

Agreed. I don’t think it’s practical to try to copy specific blocks within a path. I think it’s easier if you just copy the whole path and delete the ones you don’t want after you’ve pasted it onto another path or preset.

I didn't see anyone say it would be a no-brainer......

I think you may be missing his point. He doesn’t mean “no-brainer“ in the sense that it’s an easy implementation. I think he means it in the sense that it’s one of those things that goes without saying. ... or this is one of those things that we shouldn’t even need to discuss. This is as fundamental to helix as control clicking your presets or list of IRs. It should already be there, in theory.

Now, we all get that it may be easier said than done, and DD brings up a great point in that it will probably need to be an accessible option on the unit itself ,before it can become a reality in the editor. But if it’s not going to cause a second order melt down, then go for it. Why not.

We are still missing some pretty obvious stuff with helix. Things have really come along way in my almost 2 years with the unit, but I think it’s only fair to admit that there is a little ways to go, to reach maturity.

I'd like to be able to save settings in the list of amps, effects, and cabs.

If I get a delay tweaked out perfectly...it would be nice to be able to "save" it in the list of delays as "My Delay" so I could just choose it when creating a new preset (talking about hardware, not the editor).

Same thing with amp settings.

Yup.  Just like how you can save user presets for audio plugins on your computer.

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I have exactly the same issue, I want to adapt all my preset now with a single path for  voice. I have to edit now every single preset and every single block by copy and paste them and switching between the templates. I am getting crazy with this. :-(

A multi select and or copy path should not be a big thing here.

Regards Juro

7 hours ago, JuRo1971 said:

Hi all,

I have exactly the same issue, I want to adapt all my preset now with a single path for  voice. I have to edit now every single preset and every single block by copy and paste them and switching between the templates. I am getting crazy with this. :-(

A multi select and or copy path should not be a big thing here.

Regards Juro

In HX Edit you can easily copy an entire patch, and dump it into an empty slot... I do it all the time if I want to make changes to something without losing the existing patch. Just right-click on the whatever patch you want, select "copy" from the dropdown list, and "paste" it into an empty slot. Or if you're editing on the device itself, hit "save" and simply select another slot as a destination, and hit save again. Then edit the copied patch however you wish for the vocal path.... there's no need to copy and paste individual blocks one by one. 

I think he wants to copy just one path, a vocal path, from one preset to another - not the whole preset. The idea is to have the same vocals in multiple presets using different guitar tones without having to manually create the same vocal path in each new preset.

Your suggestion will work initially if he starts with a copy of a template preset with the vocal path first, and then add the different guitar paths manually. But the issue comes when he wants to change the vocal path template and install it in existing presets. You can't just copy to replace the vocal path in existing presets.

3 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I think he wants to copy just one path, a vocal path, from one preset to another - not the whole preset. The idea is to have the same vocals in multiple presets using different guitar tones without having to manually create the same vocal path in each new preset.

Well then there shall be no joy in Mudville... lol

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...