Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to set a minimum volume with the expression pedal?

efrati

I suppose it is very simple, but I can't find out how to do it.

If I use a volume pedal block: how can I adjust the minimum volume? I mean I don't want to start from zero, but I'd like to go for example from 50 to 100%.

Is it possible?

Or do I have to link the amp channel volume (for example) to the expression pedal to get this effect?

Thanks for any tip!

Select/highlight the volume pedal block in the preset. Press the button with the 3 lines (upper left by the save button). Press dial 2 under the screen (now labelled controller assign). There you will have options including max and min values.

May affect things?... in global settings/expression pedals I have all 3 set to per preset

• Like 1

Or select the volume/gain block and press down and hold on the knob that is the parameter you are changing that will open up the controller assignments too

This. Go to your volume block, hold down the knob that controls volume, the menu will come up where you can set min and max. 

This. Go to your volume block, hold down the knob that controls volume, the menu will come up where you can set min and max.

Or select the volume/gain block and press down and hold on the knob that is the parameter you are changing that will open up the controller assignments too

Select/highlight the volume pedal block in the preset. Press the button with the 3 lines (upper left by the save button). Press dial 2 under the screen (now labelled controller assign). There you will have options including max and min values.

May affect things?... in global settings/expression pedals I have all 3 set to per preset

Thank you very much for your helpful information!

It was pretty simple, but - I don't know why - I didn't think about it, because I'm used to the "knob hold-down" only when I assign something to a switch or to a snapshot.

PS: ops, I see now that I have two different profiles here in this forum and I thanked from the other one. Well, it doesn't matter. Thank you anyway! 

• 4 years later...

Hi all.

So i've just applied the min/max volume settings to all my patches, using the method above. But i've run into another problem.

Whenever i change patch, the default volume is always max level regardless of the position of the pedal.

For example, i may be playing with a patch with the pedal set all the way down (in this case, min = 50%). Then without touching the pedal, i change patch. But that patch is always max (=100%). I then have to touch the expression pedal in order to get the patch to actually check the pedal position, and apply the level accordingly.

It's as if the default level is MAX, where instead the default should be PEDAL POSITION.  

Can anyone help?