Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Well, I did it.

hideout

Idle hands got the better of me last night and I went and updated to 2.30.  So far, so good.

I'm liking the Backup and Restore feature,  the new amps sound good and seem like fun to tinker with and I think the Bias, Bias X and Ripple controls now seem to have a more noticeable effect when you move their sliders.  It was pretty subtle before, I thought.

No, none of the new amps have replaced the ones I use in my patches now. As I said before, I was and still am perfectly happy with the sounds I've got.   Maybe I was just not in the mood to experiment... or maybe because I know where it leads. It leads to more bending down at the pedal, at the gig, to adjust certain things about the new amp sounds.  I've already done that and don't want to do it again for a good long while or unless the next update really has some things that I actually want to incorporate into my patches.

Love the new SP Comp (I have the real one on my analog pedalboard) - that little guy sounds so cool in both the physical and virtual renditions!

Somebody had posted asking if the "Squirrel had gone".  I'm thinking it has. There seems to be a renewed smoothness to the way it sounds now. If it's just my imagination, that's ok too because I already liked the way it sounded before the update.

I hadn't noticed it before but now, switching between cabs sounds more abrupt and there's a tiny bit of a kind of "Pop" sound when you change cabs.  I wonder if something in the Cab Sims has changed. Things do sound a tiny bit smoother.

I run mostly in mono and have found the Doubler effect to be not so great in mono - I had higher hopes and it reinforces the need for dedicated mono effects or at least a way to sum them to mono with minimal phase cancellation... if that's possible.

Not a very exciting update for me but at least now, it won't be as much of a pain when a version comes out with features that hold more interest for me. 

For that, thank you, Line6!

I trust this resolves your previously mentioned ennui? (Great word, btw... :lol: ;) )

😂😆

Well... no. 😂 it’s just as bad.

Honestly, I played with the new amps and they’re really cool sounding but... I am equally happy with the ones I currently use.

Enjoy... i wish I could say I have had time to fully play with the new update.. New year pencilled in...

Bending down twiddling things, yes I got so much back shoulder neck pain from that with past fx units, that it was one of the deciding factors to go with the rack... hx edit also very good for back saving.... roll on the day of AI where you merely but think of what you want and the modeller hears the sounds of your thoughts and produces the desired settings ... haha one day! maybe??

I will be long gone by then....

Enjoy... i wish I could say I have had time to fully play with the new update.. New year pencilled in...

Bending down twiddling things, yes I got so much back shoulder neck pain from that with past fx units, that it was one of the deciding factors to go with the rack... hx edit also very good for back saving.... roll on the day of AI where you merely but think of what you want and the modeller hears the sounds of your thoughts and produces the desired settings ... haha one day! maybe??

I will be long gone by then....

The editor is fine for editing at home but in my experience, every new or modified preset will need tweaking at the gig. I don't bring a computer to the gig for editing so it's the "Stoop, Twiddle and Pluck" dance for a little while.

The editor is fine for editing at home but in my experience, every new or modified preset will need tweaking at the gig. I don't bring a computer to the gig for editing so it's the "Stoop, Twiddle and Pluck" dance for a little while.

Absolutely the editor is only for when at home for me too... when out I have the rack at hand height to make needed changes... very ergonomic just move hand from guitar to the rack and back again... tis great

Absolutely the editor is only for when at home for me too... when out I have the rack at hand height to make needed changes... very ergonomic just move hand from guitar to the rack and back again... tis great

Yeah, but then you have two things to pack around instead of just one.  Just a personal preference.  I do wish there was an editor for the iPad

Yeah, but then you have two things to pack around instead of just one. Just a personal preference. I do wish there was an editor for the iPad

Sure preferences are cool and individual to each of us I wasn't suggesting go out buy a rack or anything like that just that I'm happy I don't have to bend down anymore.... edit at home... rack out and about.... umm power amp, rack, controller, guitar cab, pa speaker's, rc300 looper, recorder, oll and couple guitars and box of cables my list of stuff to carry is many I'm afraid