Sign in to follow this  
bsd512

Sync'ing Hardware Helix with Helix Native plug-in

Unless I'm missing something, Helix Native can't restore from a hardware Helix backup file (new backup feature in HX Edit 2.30 and above).

It would be great to have this feature, as well as the ability to create an HX Edit compatible backup file from Helix Native. This would make it a lot easier to keep the hardware Helix in sync with the Native plug-in, especially if you use your DAW on a desktop as well as a laptop - keeping them all in sync gets harder.

But having a single file to backup from one and restore to the other would make it a lot easier because there would just be one thing to backup and restore, and it would also keep the set-list order and IR list order intact. Sharing across devices would be a lot easier.

I searched Ideascale and didn't find anything relevant, so I made this Ideascale request:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/918622

Please vote it up if this would be of interest to you.

• Upvote 1

posted about the same quastion in the helix native area - voted your request up ;)

Thanks! I was hoping I was missing something and that capability was already there, but I can't find it. And I think the manual specially says Native can't import a Helix backup file. Hopefully there's an implied "yet" in there.  It seems like the natural progression, so it may already in their plans for the near future. I hope so! Thanks for voting!

Unless I'm missing something, Helix Native can't restore from a hardware Helix backup file (new backup feature in HX Edit 2.30 and above).

It would be great to have this feature, as well as the ability to create an HX Edit compatible backup file from Helix Native. This would make it a lot easier to keep the hardware Helix in sync with the Native plug-in, especially if you use your DAW on a desktop as well as a laptop - keeping them all in sync gets harder.

But having a single file to backup from one and restore to the other would make it a lot easier because there would just be one thing to backup and restore, and it would also keep the set-list order and IR list order intact. Sharing across devices would be a lot easier.

I searched Ideascale and didn't find anything relevant, so I made this Ideascale request:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/918622

Please vote it up if this would be of interest to you.

Voted! It would be nice to see this implemented particularly to enable easier IR management. For now, although it is true that Native does not allow import of a whole system backup file from HX 2.30, if you look under the settings ("wheel") icon in Native you will notice it does allow you to import a bundle. So you can export a bundle from HX Edit and import it into Native. As you pointed out though we are right back to wrestling with IR order in Native even though it has been fixed in Helix Edit. You can also of course also import setlists and individual presets to Native. The main problem right now is that snapshots are not supported yet by Native so whatever snapshot was active in a preset is the only one that will be imported. I hope IR management and snapshots are the first thing they fix in Native.

Reviving this old thread since HX Edit v2.80 is suppose to have some sort of ability to drag-n-drop presets or block between HX Edit and Helix Native.  I know it's not out just yet; however, does anyone know if it will have the ability to sync presets and IRs between each other?  Drag-n-drop is a nice addition, but I am constantly tweaking my patches and it would be great if I didn't have to manually copy one preset of block one at a time.  Thanks!

I dunno but why not sync manually entire setlist? You can also keep it in cloud in case you have hardware and native in two locations.

7 minutes ago, zolko60 said:

I dunno but why not sync manually entire setlist? You can also keep it in cloud in case you have hardware and native in two locations.

Thank you for the suggestion, but who wants to do a setlist export and import each time?  Plus the IRs wouldn't match if there were changes to the IR order.  It would nice if there was an automatic, local sync feature.  I would setup an AppleScript to do this if HX Edit and Helix Native used XML configuration files.

• Upvote 1

Sure, it would be nice. One drag and drop instead of export/import the setlist. Automatic syncing through the Line 6 cloud would be even nicer. ;)
Some day... maybe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zolko60 said:

Sure, it would be nice. One drag and drop instead of export/import the setlist. Automatic syncing through the Line 6 cloud would be even nicer. ;)
Some day... maybe.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but a local sync would be a great starting point.  Settings up a a cloud-based storage system with an API accessible to the the Helix would be challenging and expensive; however, if there was a subscription-based model for this I would pay for it.  That's the only way Line 6 would have an incentive to invest in the infrastructure.  Perhaps I should throw this up on Ideascale!

• Upvote 2