Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pocket Pod shuts down, restarts continuously on its own

Hey all! I have a pedal board running into a pocket pod for my live rig. My chain is:

Electric guitar > volume pedal > blues driver > tube screamer > DD20 delay > M5 > Xotic SP compressor > RV5 reverb Pocket Pod

When it works, the tone through the Pocket Pod is glorious! However, it shuts down and reboots on its own, making it completely unusable. I tried the following fixes:

- taking it off my board in case the gear around it was causing it to overheat.

- taking the batteries out and powering it with a 500MA power supply

- using both batteries and the power supply

- removing the power supply and running only on batteries

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and have you found a cause/ a fix?

Thanks so much for your help!

MJ

Hi,

I'm a Pocket Pod novice, so hopefully a seasoned user can offer better informed advice.

I made my purchase two days ago and gave the unit a good run through in the shop. Also, I took my own batteries so that they wouldn't have to break into a new packet.

It was dong pretty much what I expected it to do, but it did seem to keep rebooting, particularly when being jiggled around - like a loose connection. We swapped out the leads and plugged in a PSU, but a light shake still caused a reboot...

THEN... the manager threw away my poxy, new batteries and put in some brand spanking new ALKALINE batteries and I thought "Fat chance! No way!"

Imagine my surprise when it worked. The manager did a vigorous dance around the practice room, shaking the pocket pod while I played and no rebooting!

Worked for me!

My problem now is to find a setting that doesn't stuff up my acoustic guitar tone, but allows me to use the effects and presets of the Pocket Pod, but that's another story!!!

Good luck.

• Downvote 1

Thank you!  Unfortunately, that solution did not work either.  I thought of one thing, I am running a punch of pedal into it.  Is it possible that a signal overload could be causing this?  I'm not sure how conservative the specs for the input are...

Thanks again!

Matt

Hi,

I'm a Pocket Pod novice, so hopefully a seasoned user can offer better informed advice.

I made my purchase two days ago and gave the unit a good run through in the shop. Also, I took my own batteries so that they wouldn't have to break into a new packet.

It was dong pretty much what I expected it to do, but it did seem to keep rebooting, particularly when being jiggled around - like a loose connection. We swapped out the leads and plugged in a PSU, but a light shake still caused a reboot...

THEN... the manager threw away my poxy, new batteries and put in some brand spanking new ALKALINE batteries and I thought "Fat chance! No way!"

Imagine my surprise when it worked. The manager did a vigorous dance around the practice room, shaking the pocket pod while I played and no rebooting!

Worked for me!

My problem now is to find a setting that doesn't stuff up my acoustic guitar tone, but allows me to use the effects and presets of the Pocket Pod, but that's another story!!!

Good luck.