Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please confirm NO global resets for v2.30

chrisvermaak

Just to confirm. I did only the "green" lines in the instructions. There is no globals reset? Just restore from backup and good to go?

This is so much better than before but I need confirmation that I should not have done "globals reset" and that portion of procedure should not be required then in the future with v2.30 and upwards?

The restore worked great but on globals the level settings on USB ins and outs did change. (Did not restore to my original values) This can be dangerous if you switch on the amps and speakers being fed from Helix with huge volume increase. Luckily i always go back on sound after upgrade with very low volume setting on Helix master volume and then carefully raise the volume.

No global reset and the munging of the USB in/out has been pretty normal.  In fact there were a couple of oddities in restoring the globals for me, but easily fixed. The lack of needing a reset was a nice surprise, but in a way expected since it had already been announced this upgrade would consist of a number of architectural changes under the hood...that was apparently one of them.

Not sure if I jinxed myself.  I did the global reset then restored just my IRs, Global Settings, and the two user set lists I had created.  I then did a manual rebuild after the next reboot.  I noticed all my cab IRs had the low and high cuts set to none for any and all patched that included those IRs; I believe the low cut was close to 84 and the high cut at around 6.5k with minor variance for the patches that used them.  Also the USB was set to 5 instead of 1/2 but that was an easy fix with a simple twist of the setting knob (could this bug be something like the system thinking 1/2 = .5 without the decimal point?).