Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I add a block to a full path?

JimmyDee123

This is a total Noob question, but I've been searching online since yesterday, and I just can't figure this out...

I've got the patch below (and others similar to it), where there is no more room to add another block at the end of the path.

Basically, I want to add one more RETURN block, right before the output, so that I can use my MP3 player for backing drum track.

I need to insert this at the end of the path, because I don't want this block to have any effects added to it.

I've seen multiple posts on how to insert the return block for an audio input... but how do I do this, when there is no more room in the path?

htkcupS.jpg?1

If the path is full, you can't add any more blocks. 

What are you playing your drum tracks from? I play MP3 tracks from USB so that I am not using anything up on my guitar signal paths. I go PC>Helix USB 1/2. You can adjust the volume of your MP3s in Global settings>Ins Outs>USB 1/2 level

Try moving the first block on path 2A to the last block on path 1A, if the available DSP allows. Then you'll have a free block space on path 2A.

If there's not enough DSP, try to see if you can lower the DSP usage somehow on path 1A/1B by either eliminating one block or selecting lower DSP effects for some others, or perhaps eliminating one block from path 2A.

Try moving the first block on path 2A to the last block on path 1A, if the available DSP allows. Then you'll have a free block space on path 2A.

If there's not enough DSP, try to see if you can lower the DSP usage somehow on path 1A/1B by either eliminating one block or selecting lower DSP effects for some others, or perhaps eliminating one block from path 2A.

On that note, make sure all of your blocks BEFORE your amp block are mono since the amp block sums everything to mono anyway. If they are stereo, you are using a lot of DSP that is unnecessary. 

If the path is full, you can't add any more blocks. 

What are you playing your drum tracks from? I play MP3 tracks from USB so that I am not using anything up on my guitar signal paths. I go PC>Helix USB 1/2. You can adjust the volume of your MP3s in Global settings>Ins Outs>USB 1/2 level

I've tried that, but I'm playing drum tracks from an Android device... which doesn't work with Helix

I figured I could use the headphone out from the Android and run it into the Helix, using a return path in.

I think I'm just screwed... the path(s) are full, and I can't add another block.

If you make sure all the blocks on Path 1 are mono, you may have enough DSP to put your amp block on the end of Path 1. That would allow you to move the blocks to the left on Path 2, and squeeze in your return on the end. 

You could also do something creative to get rid of one of your delay blocks on Path 2A that would allow you to scoot things to the left to give you room for your return on the end.