Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 89F piezo

hello

my 3 year old 89F with graph tech tremolo has a problem. the high E string does not work with modelling. I had to tighten the screw hard as the string kept popping out when tuning it up after replacement and I think I've broken the pick up.

can anyone tell me what type of pick up I need to find to replace ?\

thanks

I had an issue with one string's volume being lower than the others and wanted to replace the piezo to see if that would solve it (it did). I did install it myself so it can be done. I wasn't all that difficult. Just go slow and be VERY careful. Really if I can do it, anyone can.  I created a support ticket at the Graphtech website and they were very quick to respond. Here's a copy of their response to me.

Thank you for the email and interest in Graph Tech. I would be happy to help with your inquiry

1) Yes, the bridge on your JTV 89F is one of our PN-0080-B0 ghost bridges
2) Yes, the saddles on this bridge are of the PN-0080-B6 variety
3) You can purchase the entire saddle (the price would be pro-rated) or simply the inserts themselves.   (I purchased just an insert. It was $15 and $5 shipping)
4) We don't have printed instructions for this process but I can spell them out very easily. 

If an order interests you, please provide a complete shipping address and I will generate a sales quote for your evaluation.

We accept Visa, MasterCard & PayPal

I await your response

Best regards!

Gray Bramwell

Product Development & Technical Support
Graph Tech Guitar Labs

#5-7551 Vantage Way, Delta BC Canada V4G1C9
www.graphtech.com

Toll Free: 1-800-388-7011 ext.123 (international only)
t: 604.940.5353 ext. 123
f: 604.940.4961

• Upvote 1