Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV 75 _ Restore Factory Presets _ Firmware 2.0

EarthSuburb

There is a HUGE BUG with the Firmware 2.0 for the Spider IV 75.
If you try to restore the "Factory Presets" using the method by powering the amp off, then pressing and holding the "A" button, then powering the amp again, and waiting for the screen to ask you to confirm the reset of the "Factory Presets", then you're going to make a MESS with the IQ of your amp. It simply doesn't work at all ... the result is a HUGE NOISE for each and every preset and for each and every amp setting.
The only way to go is to 1st make a safeguard on your computer of your personal preset bundle under Firmware 2.0. Then you must install the old Firmware 1.01 (or the last Firmware under which the reset method worked without trouble), then you can SAFELY use the reset method (power on while pressing "A" button), and then you must install the Firmwares back to version 2.0. In the end you wind up with your amp loaded with the Factory Presets running under Firmware 2.0, and you can finally make a safeguard of that Factory Presets Bundle on your computer.

Either Line 6 decides to update the Spider IV Firmware (like a version 2.01) to include a FULL FUNCTIONAL RESET PROCEDURE, or you need to go back to the last Firmware under which the reset method was still working fine.

Have fun.

Hi ES.   This is the first time I've heard of any problem with the factory reset with the most-updated firmware version - and I've been on these forums since getting my Spider IV 75 six(?) years ago.  I suspect you may have had a bug in your firmware (which should be corrected now).