Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which Is The Best Input For Acoustic Guitar In Pod Hd500?

ZeCastello

I tried to plug my takamine 12-string on my pod500 this weekend and the sound was terrible.

Even with no effects at all. No amps or that "vintage pre".

The guitar input was terrible. The aux a little better but far away from the sound plugged on the soundboard. I needed control of the sound and different effects for different songs (floyd songs) and I ended the night very very frustrated.

What did I do wrong?

I plugged a mic for my saxophone and it worked.

Does the pod only works with the variax acoustic models?

I'll try some patches from the guys here but where do I plug the instrument?

Thanks in advance.

I plug my acoustic 6-string (Martin D-28) into the Guitar input on my HD500 without problems.

One possibility I can think of is an onboard preamp on your Takamine. If there is one on the Takamine (there is not one on my Martin) try turning the Vol down. Perhaps the input of the HD500 is being overdriven?

• Upvote 1

I plug my acoustic 6-string (Martin D-28) into the Guitar input on my HD500 without problems.

One possibility I can think of is an onboard preamp on your Takamine. If there is one on the Takamine (there is not one on my Martin) try turning the Vol down. Perhaps the input of the HD500 is being overdriven?

Hi Uber,

i dont think it was the volume cos i remember turning it down. But I will try to bypass the eq. Lets see if it works.