Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Another FireHawk Looper Question, OK two questions...

KozmykJ

Another FireHawk Looper Question, OK two questions...

I've figured how the Rec, Play, Stop, Clear All work but is there a Clear Last function ?
Quite often when building up loops you get a bum take and would like to Erase or Undo that and go again over the other Previous layers.
Can the present incarnation of the FireHawk firmware do that?
It's not the end of the world for me if it doesn't as I have other looping options, but it would be useful to know.

How much Loop Time is available ?

• 1 month later...

Most everyone on the FH community says the looper on the FH sucks and is unuseable due to its limitations. Would be better to go out and get a Boss or TC Electronics or  other external looper pedal and put it in the EFX of the FHFX to get a real looper if you need to use it more than 5% of the time. They really skimped on the basic looper features.

• Upvote 1

Most everyone on the FH community says the looper on the FH sucks and is unuseable due to its limitations. Would be better to go out and get a Boss or TC Electronics or  other external looper pedal and put it in the EFX of the FHFX to get a real looper if you need to use it more than 5% of the time. They really skimped on the basic looper features.

Yeah thanks.
I started with an Harley Benton Dual Looper
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_dual_looper.htm

Then later I got me a Boss RC-3

If I'd looked more carefully the first Time I might have gone for the Nux clone instead of the Dual, though now I have it I can utilise some of the quirky Speed and Reverse things it can do on the fly.
I'm finding it useful to have loopers at the beginning and the end of the FX chain.

As for the Firehawk Looper afterthought. I thought I'd try and see if I' had missed something when it came to sussing out the controls, but NO. They went and left out perhaps the most basic function i.e. Erase last loop on the fly ... Duh!

I get that they'd rather one bought the Helix if one wanted or need higher functions but that one is a basic one in my opinion.
As I really only got the Firehawk for a bit of a Variax companion, I didn't want an all-singing all-dancing super-multi.
I can see now though the attraction of multiple loops on the back of a multi like the helix; having tried a number of different setup paths already.
For Variax use I've put my whole board in the FH FX Loop but for conventional guitars I prefer OD/Dist (maybe a little mono Mod) out front with Mods and Delays in the FH Loop
)
Lightbulb moment!!! Maybe I can bring the FH o/p back in halfway up my Switcher cos it has two Loop Groups (Joyo/Harley Benton FLX8 Pro. I'll have to see if the Loop Group 2 input merges or cuts off the signal from Loop Group 1.

While the FH's Gain FXs capture the character of their originals quite well I feel that their tones are a little too brittle most of the time, so I really want to get my nice analogue pedals working up front. Variax put the spanner in the works if I want to power/control it from the FH.

Enough rambling....for now :rolleyes:

Worth it for the Lightbulb Moment though I reckon. (For ME anyways ;) )

I believe that the guys over at Beat Buddy/Singular Sound are in the final stages of releasing their own Loop Pedal and supposedly it will MIDI sync the time beats with the Beat Buddy pedal (just like the ditto x4 can but better hopefully). I just got a Beat Buddy and its great for having a drum track (which you can customize) to play along with.

I sent my RC-3 loop station back until the loop issue is resolved with either the ditto x4 or Singular comes out with theirs and its proven to work