Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best way to use external tuner?

watch4king

There’s an option on the tuner screen to send the guitar signal to an output (such as Send 1). I use this method with my strobe tuner. Better than a send/return block that you’d have to add to each preset.

Really? That sounds like a great option! How is that set up?

Thanks

Really? That sounds like a great option! How is that set up?

Thanks

Activate the Helix tuner. One of the options is something like “output†which defaults to mute all or something. Twist that knob and select the outputs you want left alive during tuning. I set mine to send 3/4 or something like that. Sorry, I’m not in front of my unit but that should get you in the ballpark.

• Upvote 1

There’s an option on the tuner screen to send the guitar signal to an output (such as Send 1). I use this method with my strobe tuner. Better than a send/return block that you’d have to add to each preset.

This is how I have the Pitchblack Pro in my rack set up.  Tuner output option to Send 1.  All of my Helix 1/4" feeds go into a patchbay at the bottom of my rack, and the Send 1 input is mult'ed to the tuner and the signal dead ends there.  That way there's none of the dreaded, subjective "tone suck".  As long as the tuner is powered up, it gets a signal when the Helix tuner is activated, and goes into standby when it's off.  I then have the option of using whichever tuner is more convenient at the moment. 

I'm glad I read this.  i didn't know you could route the tuner output.  I took loop 2 send -> polytune > Wylde OD-> return 2.  Set the the turner send to "send 2", and now when I step on helix tuner, I et signal routed to my Polytune as well.  So I get the Helix on screen tuner, and my Polytune.  No adding blocks to patches, no wasting loops.   Thanks for the idea.  :)