Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.30 Firmware Update Issue

btelfair

After installing the new firmware update, each time I turn on the Helix I have to wait for the patches to rebuild and at the end of the rebuild there is a beep.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Nope, that is not normal. After getting proper backups I would run the firmware update again. I suppose you could do backups and just try a global reset and restore but I think I would just update the firmware again instead.

After installing the new firmware update, each time I turn on the Helix I have to wait for the patches to rebuild and at the end of the rebuild there is a beep.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Just curious, how many ties did it rebuild presets?? mine did it at least twice. After it rebuild presets and the unit comes on, the USB will be activated and if the Helix is plugged into your computer USB you will then hear your computer make a sound recognizing the Helix. Could that be what you're hearing maybe??

Great question. I updated the firmware probably 2 - 3 times and it rebuilt the presets a couple of times before I tried another firmware update. I just tried it now, perhaps my third attempt since the last update, and it worked like a charm. I think we must have had the same experience. Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas!

Any time a preset is changed in a particular slot (importing, copy pasting, etc) that preset slot will be rebuilt upon booting up. That is why presets rebuild once upon updating firmware because all slots are now blank presets. It will rebuild again when you import your presets.

Try importing a preset to a blank preset then cycle power. It will rebuild that single preset.